Front Snow Blade

/ Front Snow Blade #11  
I would like to have a front mounted snow blade for my 2615 Massey. It would seem like a simple thing to do as I have an FEL. Take off the bucket and put on the blade. Lift it with the loader and angle the blade with bucket remote. I've searched the web and talked with my Massey dealer with no luck.

If you know a good welder / fabricator it can be done. When I picked up my JD 855 the last owner had a 6 ft. Myers plow fitted the FEL to raise and lower and the curl to angle. Works great. If you have a day I will send out some photos.

/ Front Snow Blade #12  
The area in front of my garage is concrete but the long drive is gravel. I fabricated gauge wheels on my plow and use the curl function to either scrape or keep the moldboard up to 1 inch above the gravel.

I really like that idea! Hope you don't mind if I copy it myself, as I'm in the same situation. Usually the driveway's frozen enough that it doesn't matter much, but those spring snowfalls where the ground is a little mushy could really benefit from an idea like this!

HH

/ Front Snow Blade #13  
Hello everyone, I planned on doing the same with mine, but got my hands on a really nice 6- 1/2' fisher minute mount (plow only). Have extra set of push plates that I'd like to try and mount to a man made frame so I can retain the minute mount hook up. But the front ends are narrow between the wheels. Not sure if I want to use FEL or just tractor and plow.... the idea of welding metal pieces inside my bucket really doesn't appeal to me. Anyone mount a minute mount straight on the front?

/ Front Snow Blade #14  
A caution for guys with smaller FEL's. They are not designed to take lateral loads and you run the risk of bending the loader arms. Especially if you find curbs, rocks or other obstacles under the snow with the edge of the blade. Even with the spring trip. Obviously, it's not a 100% certainty damage will occur, but something to keep in mind!

/ Front Snow Blade #15  
A caution for guys with smaller FEL's. They are not designed to take lateral loads and you run the risk of bending the loader arms. Especially if you find curbs, rocks or other obstacles under the snow with the edge of the blade. Even with the spring trip. Obviously, it's not a 100% certainty damage will occur, but something to keep in mind!

I'd like to know or see this. I really hope the Kioti or Kubota FEL will take these kinds of loads, if the loader will pick 2k it should stop the machine without any damage unless you are going 10 mph or better. Just curious who has experienced this kind of damage. CJ

/ Front Snow Blade #16  
/Users/dl7177/Pictures/IMG_20120228_163313.jpg

/ Front Snow Blade #17  
IMG_20120228_163313.jpg

IMG_20120228_163340.jpg

IMG_20120228_163408.jpg

Don't know if this worked out but if there are photos this is my plow set up.

Has worked out OK so far.

/ Front Snow Blade #18  
Cjone, I sold my ford 1520 already but I had a loader mounted 9' front blade on it. After 2 years I noticed that both laoder arms were cracked. I ground them out and welded plates over them and repainted them. I don't have curbs but I blamed it on frozen ice on the ends of the blade. I was easy enough using it but hit some pretty hard stuff pushing back banks. I have a poly blade on my L35, I welded on 12" wings so it's almost 10' wide now, it has trip so I think that helps. Use some common sense and you should be fine.

Attachments

• IMG00182-20101127-1805.jpg
    IMG00182-20101127-1805.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 376
   / Front Snow Blade #19  
Cjone, I sold my ford 1520 already but I had a loader mounted 9' front blade on it. After 2 years I noticed that both laoder arms were cracked. I ground them out and welded plates over them and repainted them. I don't have curbs but I blamed it on frozen ice on the ends of the blade. I was easy enough using it but hit some pretty hard stuff pushing back banks. I have a poly blade on my L35, I welded on 12" wings so it's almost 10' wide now, it has trip so I think that helps. Use some common sense and you should be fine.

Hey that looks like a Snoway plow, I have broken the moldboard out of at least 3 of em!! Thanks for the info, that is kind what I figured.

/ Front Snow Blade #20  
Try HLA for front mounted plows, (Horst Loader Attachments) in Ontario, I believe they have US dealers. They have a web site.