Frozen, Gelled fuel

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #11  
Firefighter Kubota said:
They must be using a 3rd party carrier...I also know other trucks are hauling " irving stuff" out of the terminal.. so I'm skeptical thats its all Irving...

I think, if you continue looking into it, you'll find your skepticism unwarranted.

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #12  
The Irving refinery is right on the coast in St. John, New Brunswick, I imagine they just float the fuel down to Portsmouth by tanker. Citgo has recently expanded into my area, I was mostly wondering if it was their fuel.

I've been thinking about getting one of these to wrap around my truck's fuel filters: Kat's 24050 50 Watt 2"x 5" Universal Hot Pad Heater : Amazon.com : Automotive Could easily swap it over to a tractor filter in a pinch using a small bungee or elastic band.

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel
The Irving refinery is right on the coast in St. John, New Brunswick, I imagine they just float the fuel down to Portsmouth by tanker. Citgo has recently expanded into my area, I was mostly wondering if it was their fuel.

I've been thinking about getting one of these to wrap around my truck's fuel filters: Kat's 24050 50 Watt 2"x 5" Universal Hot Pad Heater : Amazon.com : Automotive Could easily swap it over to a tractor filter in a pinch using a small bungee or elastic band.

Yup, not bad in a pinch... I think I can actually slide a large hot cup of water under my filter if needed

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #15  
First rule... Never trust Irving.. the cheap SOB's.

Secondly, treat all your fuel. Personally I use PSwhite, but once this bottle is done, Im going to another brand. I had a major gelling issue myself this year .

I ended up installing a better fuel filter (Racor) that handles water much better than the stock inline filter. I have not had a gelling or waxing issue since and the temperature has been way colder. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/268153-adding-spin-racor-filter-bx25.html

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #16  
I got my tractor back home by a " laying on of hands" one time. Wrapped my bare hands around the filter till the engine evened out and made a run for it!

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel
First rule... Never trust Irving.. the cheap SOB's.

Secondly, treat all your fuel. Personally I use PSwhite, but once this bottle is done, Im going to another brand. I had a major gelling issue myself this year .

I ended up installing a better fuel filter (Racor) that handles water much better than the stock inline filter. I have not had a gelling or waxing issue since and the temperature has been way colder. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/268153-adding-spin-racor-filter-bx25.html

Nice write up...I see a spring time project coming...

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #18  
I have a block heater too, but that wont help the filter.... point of most common gelling

Quite true! But it sure does help it to start in the cold if the fuel isn't gelled.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #20  
Anyone else using Power Service diesel additive?

This is my first experience with diesel, but from info I've gotten here on TBN I use PS. It's cheap from Wally and no probs. Though I'm sure the weather here is close to your's. Mine lives inside garage on a carpet even, but I don't want to take any chances especially when it's so easy to avoid.