Frozen, Gelled fuel

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #21  
I use Power Service. It's actually rated better than Howes(IIRC). But read the bottle carefully, I think you need to add more at certain temperatures. I always go for the 'max' amount just to be sure. Today may have been 12 degrees, next week might be -15..........just never know.

EDIT: There was a big thread on which additives to use in the 'oil, fuel & lubricants forum last winter.

Double edit: The new ULSD fuels can start 'clouding' at temps of 40F and can gell at temps below 30 degrees.

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel
This is my first experience with diesel, but from info I've gotten here on TBN I use PS. It's cheap from Wally and no probs. Though I'm sure the weather here is close to your's. Mine lives inside garage on a carpet even, but I don't want to take any chances especially when it's so easy to avoid.

Ahhhh a "Princess" tractor...:laughing: Sometimes its just best not to say..... HAHA

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #23  
I am betting your fuel problems are biofuel related. It is being added to diesel now and biofuel turns solid at a relatively high temp. Your best bet is to use a good additive every fill once the temps go down.

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #24  
We use B99 biodiesel during the warm months exclusively, then switch to B20 or 50 in the winter for machines that will be run regularly. The combine has all of the biodiesel drained out and replaced with No 2 and run for a while so as not to have any bio in the fuel system at all. The time to get the right fuel in your tractor is before cold weather.

Using good clean No 2 with proper winter additive and decent filtration should not gel in the 20's. How long does it take for you to go through a tank of fuel? Is it parked undercover, and do you fill the tank at the end of a hot day in the sun?

Which racor did you mount on your tractor?

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #25  
power service diesel 911 in the red plasic bottle is the best thing Ive ever used for jelled fuel

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #28  
Does anyone here us Seafoam as an additive and if so, has it helped in preventing gelling?

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #29  
Since I get my off road diesel the same time I get my heating oil, late spring to early summer when the price is usually the best, it usually doesn't have any anti gel in it. I'll I've ever used is power service, it's easy to get. Never had an issue, even with the cold nights we see I've never had it gel up. My guess is that if your seeing gelling issues with any additive then it's most likely either you are not adding it in the correct ratio or something unrelated is happening.

/ Frozen, Gelled fuel #30  
Ahhhh a "Princess" tractor...:laughing: Sometimes its just best not to say..... HAHA

I know how to treat my girls who know how to treat me! You ought to see what wifey gets.
I bet if you ask real nice Santa will bring you a carpet too!!
(Biggest case of "carpet envy" I've ever seen) :laughing::laughing::thumbsup: