Frustrated

/ Frustrated
Mech came by this afternoon and looked it over. He is bringing a starter back tomorrow to replace.

Still not sure if he checked the Glow Plugs.....

/ Frustrated #12  
It may be your ignition switch. Mine will just make a clicking noise sometimes when I leave it out in the rain and forget to put the cover over the key hole. If you do a search on here you will find that some have sprayed i think brake cleaner in the key hole and that fixed it. Give it a try.

Brake cleaner? Hmmm? I'd spray WD40 long before I'd use the brake cleaner.

And the clicking noise sounds like battery power connections, to me.

/ Frustrated #13  
Brake cleaner is like carb cleaner it may get it clean but it provides NO lubrication. I'd spray it with compressed air first to get out any moisture, and then with something like a WD-40 or CRC- silicone, which is 100% silicone with no residue from other byproducts of propellant. Or use electric switch cleaner; most brands are of high quality, followed by Tri-flow teflon spray.

/ Frustrated
Well it ended up being a bad ground>>>>>you guys were correct!

Th glow plug issue was the Timer Relay box or at least when they plugged in the new one it started to work again. Hopefully this is it for awhile!

/ Frustrated #17  
I have this exact problem with my CK30. No matter what I do I can't get the negative batter lead to stay tight.

I'm going to have to take it off, take the bolt out, file down the outside ring a bit so it squeezes tighter.

/ Frustrated #18  
I had the same problem with my DK35. Battery posts too small for clamp, high resistance glaze forming between post and clamp surface, etc. Finally got mad enough to change the battery and the cable/post clamps to general duty Canadian Tire stuff. No problems with battery since.

Still have the same problem many have had with ignition key switch but usually spray brake fluid on back of switch to get it going. I have a new switch but won't install until original gives up for good.

/ Frustrated #19  
I have the CK30 and had the same problem with both posts, couldn't keep them tight enough. Filed the negative clamp and it is OK but the positive one I had to change. I'll throw out the idea that the Korean battery posts are metric and North American are standard and guess that the Korean metric is a bigger stud thus the clamp tightens together enough to hold but eventually corrodes and loosens. Don't know how many times I went to start the machine and all I would get is a click. Lift the hood and give the terminal a twist and away I would go.

Steve

/ Frustrated #20  
I have made the mistake of spraying wd-40 into the ck30 keyhole and had all sorts of strange electrical issues. I then sprayed electrical parts cleaner into the hole and all is well. No lube is sprayed down there. My CK spent years parked outside in rainy washington but I ALWAYS had the plastic key hole cover in place.

Oh I also have loose battery connections though they have never left me stranded. I use an american gel cell replacement battery.