Fuel Caddy?

/ Fuel Caddy? #41  
I'm considering a fuel caddy for the bed of a pickup. I'd like to get a smaller one so I can go get fuel and then use the bucket of my tractor to lift it out of the truck and store in my barn. Right now I use 5 gallon jugs and I'm getting tired of that, small spills, heavy jugs, junk in the fuel/jugs etc. Plus I like the idea of the fuel going through another filter.

Any suggestion on what to get without breaking the bank? I could get by with a non-electric pump but then I wouldn't be able to see when my tractor is almost full (fill cap is on top of the tractor, ugh). So I'm guessing I'd need a 12V pump and filter as well.

I have a Kubota B3200 and I think my bucket is limited to 1,000 pounds, so with diesel at 7.1lbs per gallon + fuel caddy....

Delta has a 50 gallon square one. I purchased it at farm and fleet for 179.$ i mounted it to a pallett and use my endloader forks to put it in my turck to refill it. When it full I set it on another pallett on casters and roll it around the barn. this with a roatery pump works like a charm.

/ Fuel Caddy? #42  
I guess I'm old school. I don't use auto shutoff nozzles. I don't trust myself enough for those. I want to be there watching the tank fill. I have taught myself to let go of the handle before it runs over. I frequently pump 50 gallons or more at a time. Sometimes as much as 100 gallons.

/ Fuel Caddy? #43  
This may raise some eyebrows but I built my own. I welded 1/8" steel sheet to form a 20 gal "box" complete with lift tang, wheels, vent, filler neck, grounding strap, handle and built-in hand pump. I leak tested it by filling with water to the top of a temporary extended filler neck and pressurizing to 60 psi. Hung it for 24 hrs and observed a few leaks which I re-welded. I repeated the leak test once and got no leaks. That was 10 years ago. All I would do differently now if I was to make another one is add a drain plug.