Fuel can is hard to handle!!!

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #71  
Sure looks like Blitz is still in business.

Blitz USA - Gas Cans & Fuel Containment, Oil Change & Accessories, Lifting Aids

This is on their website:

Chapter 11 Filings

On Wednesday, November 9th, 2011, Blitz U.S.A/ F3 Brands announced that to facilitate its reorganization, it has filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code. First and foremost Blitz U.S.A /F3 Brands is committed to a reorganization plan for the continued, long-term operation of the business. Blitz U.S.A. is committed to providing the best and safest fuel containment products in the world and F3 Brands is committed to providing quality automotive maintenance, lawn and garden, and storage and organization products.

Bruce

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #73  
Which cans are you calling the 'good' ones?
The no-spill?

I hope they didn't go out, those are great cans very well made. If that's the one I will go buy some more before they are all gone.

It was Blitz that went tyts up thanks to the dam lawyers.

Nope, there is a differnce between hybrid and GMO.

GMO has had its DNA altered, by inserting other DNA into the seed. REally huge difference. Plants can hybridize on their own, takes a human to change the DNA. And the GMO crops really are not safe.

I grew up, not knowing the difference, and with a dad that was always looking for more bushels per acre. I thought the same, for years, but have come to see and understand the difference. Just like eating meat that had growth hormones added, etc.

I could send my cattle to market and slaughter quicker, but prefer to raise thjem organically, sicne i'll be eating one of those steer.

I will send you a PM to prevent this thread from being hijacked and diverted off course.

Was it Blitz that went out of business? Those are/were excellent quality.

Yep, dam lawyers did them in because inDUHviduals used them improperly.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #74  
Those new fuel can spouts are a pain to use.... refilling the tractor by standing awkwardly over the hood and trying to pour a five gallon is a killer.

The spout restricts the full flow, so you end up standing there forever waiting for it to empty.

Is it possible to by an old fashioned fuel can spout? ... so some other remedy ideas?

Thanks

I bought a big funnel that I put in the filler spout. That way I can remove the spout from the can and pour a lot quicker.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!!
I bought a big funnel that I put in the filler spout. That way I can remove the spout from the can and pour a lot quicker.

That's what I did.... I bought a giant funnel ... and it is pretty wide even at the narrow end. That way, I can just chug that diesel directly into the tractor. The quick speed should allow me to hold that diesel can for only seconds rather than minutes.

It will allow me to take that entire safety-nozzle off, too.

Amazing that I can't voluntarily purchase a "dangerous" gas can. Just something "behind the counter" that can be sold with only a fair warning from the merchant... even if I have to sign something.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #77  
Really big funnels are the way to roll. If you have to use a step ladder, don't stand on tire. I've seen this,and it usually winds up in lots of spilling.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #78  
To make an air vent I take a short nail and heat the tip with torch, then burn a hole up underneath the handgrip where you pickup the container. Water and dirt can't get in, don't have to bother covering it. Also nothing sticking out to get torn off or hooked on things. It solves the problem with the new cans that have self venting filler spouts, which don't really work.

/ Fuel can is hard to handle!!! #80  
One of those small bellows type siphons for kerosene heaters works great to get most of the fuel out of any type of can. Then you can easily pour the rest out. No tilting of the can necessary. Just don't walk away while siphoning!