Oil & Fuel Fuel consumption

/ Fuel consumption #31  
Slowrev, I didn't have time to keep precise records either until I retired. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I started when I was considering writing a book about our RV travels, but like lots of folks who think about writing a book, I just never did it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Fuel consumption #32  
My BX22 uses a full 5.5 gal. tank in about 8 hrs. when mowing at just under top rpm's.

/ Fuel consumption #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ... but like lots of folks who think about writing a book, I just never did it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )</font>

I see more than 11,000 pages you already wrote. This is a big book and even you yourself aren't aware of that;)

No one is using biofuels? I heard the biofuel quite popular out there. Stop drilling ozone.

/ Fuel consumption #34  
Your right Nomad. Bird all you have to do is organize your 11K+ post into chapters and title it something like "IT'S A GUY THING" and you got a best seller. I want to order the first autographed book. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Fuel consumption
JimC,

Very interesting web site. I bookmarked it.

We engineers used to have some figures for automobile fuel consumption. These were:

30 Ton-mpg -- gas e.g. a 2,000 # car will get 30 mpg
45 Ton-mpg -- Diesel e.g. a 2,000 # car will get 45 mpg

The gas figure is 25-50% higher now, what with better fuel control via fuel injection, etc. for emissions. My VW, for instance, is 2,700 # and gets 32 mpg. My Tacoma is 2,900 # and gets 26 mpg. Back then diesel was 50% better than gas. The article for tractors didn't show this big a difference. Think they're closer for cars now, too, with almost all cars on fuel injection.

What guys can do to keep track is to put down their engine hours along with fuel container amount put in each time they fuel up.

Ralph