Fuel drum and pallet set up/

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/ #11  
I use 55 gallon steel drums. One for gas and one for dyed diesel. The diesel I get at our distribution center and the gas at the local filling station. I've properly marked each drum. I'll load the empty in the back of the truck and stap it down and after it's filled I'll use the bucket on the tractor to unload.

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/ #12  
I store 15 drums of diesel/gasoline (9-6) and use my drums to transport fuel home which I then use a 12v transfer pump to put up in my large tanks (gas-300, diesel -250). I made some wood pallets that all my drums go in, makes them easy to move around with tractor forks, and keeps the drum on the pallet with the sides.

ry%3D400

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/
I store 15 drums of diesel/gasoline (9-6) and use my drums to transport fuel home which I then use a 12v transfer pump to put up in my large tanks (gas-300, diesel -250). I made some wood pallets that all my drums go in, makes them easy to move around with tractor forks, and keeps the drum on the pallet with the sides.

ry%3D400

Now were talking - I think I have the parts to put that together. I also found a plastic barrel for $10.

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/ #15  
I made a wood barrel holder/transporter some time ago, but I like TnAndy's much better. I'm gonna whomp me up a couple of them soon. Great idea.

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/ #16  
The problem begins when you have a Woodmizer sawmill. You start to find ways to make wood things. :D

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/
The problem begins when you have a Woodmizer sawmill. You start to find ways to make wood things. :D

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

To me, that is not a problem, but a blessing....wish I had hardwood around me...the closest I get is scrub oak. Looks like you have one sweet set up. How long a timber can you handel?

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/ #18  
Last fall I bought at an auction a marine fuel tank that holds 28 gals. It has a built in handle and sits on 2 wheels to be moved around. I took the hand pump off and added my 12 volt elec pump and filter. I can move it where it is needed and take up very little floor space. It was red for gas but I use plastic paint and sprayed it white. I put it in the bucket and load it in the truck when I need more fuel in it. I would have liked a little larger one but this works. I think is is called a gas caddy

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/ #19  
To me, that is not a problem, but a blessing....wish I had hardwood around me...the closest I get is scrub oak. Looks like you have one sweet set up. How long a timber can you handel?

Saw is rated for 21', but in the picture, I'm 'sneaking up' on a 30' beam. You saw 21', then cut the slab off with a chain saw (see that notch where the saw overcut ?), slide the log forward or back, depending on where the extra length was, and continue to that cut on that side. It's a pain, but occasionally for some special need, I'll do it.

/ Fuel drum and pallet set up/ #20  
I bought one like this last year from HF for $24 on sale. I use it with a 55 gal metal drum. Unfortunately I can't find it on their website now.
drum lifter.jpeg