Fuel prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fuel prices #11  
Fuel prices are definately high here ..192-199 per gallon .
But considering the alternative ..... Gas or mule ... I'll pay the price for deisel /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ Fuel prices #12  
i got an email the other day, asking everyone to boycot exxon and mobile gas/diesel, i guess they think it will help lower the price, so, since i haven't bought any exxon or mobile gas/diesel in, well, probably 30 years that i know of, i decided i would participate..of course the reason i have neverbought from them is they are always higher!!!!
heehaw

/ Fuel prices #13  
I stopped buying Exxon (and now Mobil) after the Exxon-Valdez debacle in Alaska. Of course, it's easy to stop when they ARE the most expensive in my town, too!
Mark

/ Fuel prices #14  
<font color="blue">"...it's easy to stop when they ARE the most expensive in my town,..."</font>

As it is in my town. Mobil has some of the highest gas prices around....have to wonder how they could justify continually asking 5-10 cents more per gallon than their competitors. I refuse to patronize Mobil establishments if I have a choice.

....Bob

/ Fuel prices #15  
I don't buy Mobil fuel products. But their Mobil 1 oil and the Delvac 1300 Super diesel oil are really great products, I think. And the Delvac is cheaper than some other brands /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Fuel prices #16  
Come to think of it their Mobil 1 synthetic grease (purple) is a nice product also. I use that on all the zerks on the BX2000 loader and mower deck.

But their gasoline is expensive. I use Sunoco it is the cheapest name brand near me.

/ Fuel prices #17  
Diesel holding steady /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif at $1.959 for the past month /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Fuel prices #18  
How would you like to fill my Weestern Star's tanks (250 Gallons at a crack.

I buy "off road" diesel and pay no tax. We have a bulk tank on the farm. Last time I filled it , diesel was 85 cents/gallon.

By the way, It sure is a lot easier to fill tractors and the like using a nozzle that a 5 gallon can. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Daryl
Forage services L.P.

/ Fuel prices #19  
Price of diesel just jumped 4 cents a gallon /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif as of this morning its now $1.999 per gallon /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Fuel prices #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue">"...it's easy to stop when they ARE the most expensive in my town,..."</font>

As it is in my town. Mobil has some of the highest gas prices around....have to wonder how they could justify continually asking 5-10 cents more per gallon than their competitors. I refuse to patronize Mobil establishments if I have a choice.

....Bob )</font>

I stopped buying exon after the valdeez. Not cause they had an accident, crap happens, but for how they tried to cover it up.

I buy mobile for the sole reason that I have a speedpass. Used to be I would have to drive to bank, get cash from atm, drive to arco and buy cheapest gas. Helped that most of their crude comes from alaska. Then I realized that it just was not worth 3-5 cents a gallon to stand in line to pre-pay, stand in line for change, hassle all the people who wanted to buy gas at the cheapest place in town ...

So now I pay a buck a tank more for gas just to drive in - never wait in line - fill up - drive out. Keeping the car fed went from being a 1/2 to 3/4 hour hassle to a 5 minute pitstop and only cost me a couple bucks a month. I now find that I am now more likely to fill at half a tank than I was before which is good for emergency preparedness. I do find, however, that I am willing to plan ahead when it comes to filling the tank in the truck with cheaper gas.

btw, just noticed on the highway. Regular gas 2.07/gal, diesel 1.99. First time in I can't remember how long that diesel was cheaper than gas. I went through 3-4 gallons of diesel in the kubota last year. Probably the same this year. I don't think the price of diesel will have much affect on my tractoring. The price of gas, on the other hand, does make me think twice about what errands I need to run and what trips I need to take with the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.