Fun with gates

/ Fun with gates #21  
Geez, Harv!

And all this time I thought gates were just for keeping the cows in.
crazy.gif

Artist and craftsman, all in one. Great series of picts.

Keep 'em coming.
wink.gif

/ Fun with gates #22  
That sunburst is beautiful!! That is one lucky school!! For $500 you oughta be able to take that as a charitable deduction on your taxes!!!!!!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Fun with gates
Some friends of ours moved into their new home. Most folks that are friends of ours expect me to make something for them versus us getting away easy with just buying them something.

This couple has been married over fifty years. I just couldn't come up with something that I felt comfortable with. Then as I was doing something else with my hands while thoughts of them danced in my mind that line settled in.

Attachments

• 35-152875-graniteforfrontporch.jpg
    35-152875-graniteforfrontporch.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 162
   / Fun with gates
When I get a potential customer and they give me the line about fences not staying straight in norte tejas blackland I send them over to look at this job. I did it in 89 which is more than a week ago. And it's relatively straight even today.

Attachments

• 35-152876-fourrailpipefence.jpg
    35-152876-fourrailpipefence.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 154
   / Fun with gates
This gate is at a home of one of those dot com millionaires we have here in big D.

The original gate that'd come with his house was just open pickets. He told me that he wanted something to give his pregnant wife a little privacy there at the pool.

I told him to throw a beach towel over the gate.

He told me he wanted me to come up with something and to put it down on paper so he could see what it would look like.

I told him I couldn't draw.

His secretary called a couple of weeks later and told me to do something that would look okay for the house.

Attachments

• 35-152877-buntingfourresize.jpg
    35-152877-buntingfourresize.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 175
   / Fun with gates #26  
Harv,,, Great Talent...... I really enjoy your handi-work and the tour you provided..... Tom

/ Fun with gates #27  
Harv - are you the photographer too? Fence, Rosegate, Sunburstgate, Fourrailpipe, Oakgate, and Buntingfour - are great pictures of great works. Ever consider giving a master class in artistic expression? Turning you loose produces treasures. Thanks

/ Fun with gates #28  
Harv,

Very nice pics. Moving to the county and someday wanted to put a gate at the entrance to the drive. But being in upstate NY I will find a gate more of a challenge in the winter than a use.

Very nice and the last one was too funny. Towel, sure he hasn't heard that again.

/ Fun with gates
Here's what he had originally

Attachments

• 35-153362-buntingoneresize.jpg
    35-153362-buntingoneresize.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 145
   / Fun with gates
This is what he had after I was done.

Attachments

• 35-153363-buntingthree.jpg
    35-153363-buntingthree.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 163