garage door treshold

/ garage door treshold #12  
And that IS the right answer.

I had the same problem when I changed my old garage door, it was the one piece type door with a weather flap on the outside. The new one had the "bulb" type seal on the bottom. Since the floor was poured for the one piece door, it was flat on the edge.

I spent about $15 for a diamond "turbo" blade for my 4.5 " angle grinder and a cup stone for a bigger grinder. Sliced a series of slots in the edge of the doorway, chipped them out with a masonry chisel, then ground the bevel smooth with the cup stone. End of problem.

Those cheap little diamond blades will cut even 30 year old concrete like it's butter, rocks same thing.

Sean

I agree with you, as the better way to fix the problem,

/ garage door treshold #13  
I had the same issue, till I cut a slot just to the inside of the door edge, then cut out a series of slots out to the edge of the slab that tied into the slot along the door. I used a old skil saw with a masonary blade, now the rain that beats on the door hits those groves and drains out, always dry now and it makes using the squeege easier. I really didn't go that deep only about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
Try it's cheap and no tripping hazards.

/ garage door treshold #14  
If and when I build my shop, I'm putting a grade near the doors. You guys have convinced me. I'm already planning to have it a ways up a hill, but the way it rains around here...

/ garage door treshold #15  
If and when I build my shop, I'm putting a grade near the doors. You guys have convinced me. I'm already planning to have it a ways up a hill, but the way it rains around here...

Just make sure they put a 3/4" drop in the slab for the garage door to fit into. And make sure they grade the bottom of the drop, well toward the outside of the slab.

We did it that way for decades, and it worked great. Suddenly, no one wants to be bothered with doing it. They want to put a slope there, and tell you everything will be fine. Then, they leave and your stuck with it for a long time.