Garage Floor Coating

/ Garage Floor Coating #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
This is my latest, and hopefully last, project before the really hot weather arrives. I'd never heard of RustOleum Epoxy Shield garage floor coating until a daughter and son-in-law did their garage floor with it. There are two colors. They used the tan and I used the gray. Day before yesterday, I moved everything out of the garage, yesterday son-in-law came and helped me scrub, etch, and rinse the floor. Then today he came back and we applied the coating. First picture is obviously the "before" picture and the other 3 are today. Has anyone else used this stuff?

Attachments

• Garage Floor1 (600 x 450).jpg
    Garage Floor1 (600 x 450).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Garage Floor2 (600 x 450).jpg
    Garage Floor2 (600 x 450).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Garage Floor 3 (600 x 450).jpg
    Garage Floor 3 (600 x 450).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Garage Floor 4 (600 x 450).jpg
    Garage Floor 4 (600 x 450).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 332
   / Garage Floor Coating #2  
This is my latest, and hopefully last, project before the really hot weather arrives. I'd never heard of RustOleum Epoxy Shield garage floor coating until a daughter and son-in-law did their garage floor with it. There are two colors. They used the tan and I used the gray. Day before yesterday, I moved everything out of the garage, yesterday son-in-law came and helped me scrub, etch, and rinse the floor. Then today he came back and we applied the coating. First picture is obviously the "before" picture and the other 3 are today. Has anyone else used this stuff?

I used the tan about two years ago and it seems a very good product. Obviously with any coating, prep is key. I'd use it again.

/ Garage Floor Coating #3  
I wonder how soon you can use it after a new floor is put down? Also if I may ask, how expensive was it and what kind of coverage did you get ?

/ Garage Floor Coating #4  

Bird,
Once it cures well, dump a pale of water on it.
Be sure you can see the water ok and that it is not slippery.
Don't need any broken hips in the garage.
Ron

/ Garage Floor Coating #5  
Bird,
Once it cures well, dump a pale of water on it.
Be sure you can see the water ok and that it is not slippery.
Don't need any broken hips in the garage.
Ron

I have heard it is very slippery. I have 2 boxes of it,( Christmas gift) and have had for a while, but I have hesitated on putting it down..

James K0UA

/ Garage Floor Coating #6  
Looks real good Bird:thumbsup: Cant tell from the photos, but I know on some floorings you can add a slip resistant granule or "chips" to add some slip protection.

I use a product called "Shark Grip" for ramps on store approaches and on some occasions even fine sand or glass beads, ends up like 100 grit sandpaper .

/ Garage Floor Coating #7  
Looks real good Bird:thumbsup: Cant tell from the photos, but I know on some floorings you can add a slip resistant granule or "chips" to add some slip protection.

I use a product called "Shark Grip" for ramps on store approaches and on some occasions even fine sand or glass beads, ends up like 100 grit sandpaper .

I was wondering if you could add a little fine white clean sand to the mix. to give it some more grip.

James K0UA

/ Garage Floor Coating #8  
I've had it for about six years. There's some chipping just outside the garage door where it's exposed to the elements (I don't think it's intended for outdoor use), but otherwise it has held up very well. I would definitely recommend it.

/ Garage Floor Coating #9  
Looks fantastic Bird..

/ Garage Floor Coating #10  
Fine sand would do it or granite dust, similar to the non slip surface paint that costs a fortune.