Garage Vehicle lift

/ Garage Vehicle lift #12  
There are post lifts that will easily fit under a 12' ceiling...The garage door might be a problem if you can't stay away from that.

/ Garage Vehicle lift #13  
My brother installed a 10k two post lift a couple of years ago, we use it all the time! His ceiling is 12'-3". He had the company that he bought it from install it, after watching the guy do it I would do one.
It's an asymmetric lift, we like it for our trucks.

/ Garage Vehicle lift #14  
This is the one I bought 7 years ago and I absolutely love it. It gets used several times a week and has worked flawlessly.

2 Post Lifts | CJ 10,000 OHA 10,000 LB. 2 Post Vehicle / Automotive / Truck / Car Garage Lift (Overhead / Clear Floor)

They are just down the road from me and I have looked them over and drooled many of time. I will have one also some day.

We also have Greg Smith Equipment 45 minutes from me. It seems as we have a good selection of this type of stuff here since Indiana makes so many autos and racing stuff.

Chris

/ Garage Vehicle lift #15  
If i had a 13' ceiling, I'd have one by now. When i build my garage/shop, i figured a 10 foot ceiling was good, especially for heating in the winter. If i had to build it again, 12 or 14 feet would be my choice.
I would get a 4 post with the center jack, to lift a vehicle off it's wheels, either front or back. Or have 2 center-jacks do do both ends.
With a 4 post hoist, i could keep a car in the air and store another vehicle/ stuff underneath. I could use it for working on my motorcycle/tractor/lawnmower or even use it as a workbench.
I'm not saying that one is better then the other.......a 4 post would be perfect for what i need to do with it.
A AMERICAN made hoist , FOR SURE! (since we don't make any in canada)
The 4 post a friend of mine has is not bolted down. It can be moved around.....another benefit of a 4 post

I tell everyone I know to build 14' but none have listened. 3 of the 4 that built in the last 3 years are now kicking themselves for going 10' and 12'.

Chris

/ Garage Vehicle lift #16  
13' min height is the big issue. Perhaps you need 6" slab to support them - not sure on that, but I hadn't heard anything in that regard. They do pop up on CL but you really need to be fast, so it helps to have an RSS news feed that you check frequently if you are serious. It's on my list for the new place, but not enough height here, or room for that matter.

/ Garage Vehicle lift #17  
My Dad put a 2 post lift in his garage and I have to tell you it is the cats meow! Really makes working on the vehicles nice. I don't know what brand he purchased. I can find out if you want me to?

/ Garage Vehicle lift #18  
Most of the lifts I looked at are 12'. My ceiling is 12' 4" for that reason, and I poured my slab 6". The websites I looked at seemed to recommend a 5" minimum slab.

/ Garage Vehicle lift #19  
I have a good 4 post that can roll around and a 10,000#2 post. They each have their place. If you can only buy one get a 2 post If you have a Silverado don't even think of getting less than a 10,000# Asymmetric 2 post. Reason being the extra width along with the offset allows you to open door on a large vehicle and get out.

Dumb know it all bro in law wouldn't listen and went w/ his buddy and got a cheap one then drove his Suburban in then couldn't open door enough to get out of it. Stupid.

/ Garage Vehicle lift #20  
My son put a new 10,000 lb. Forward asymetrical 2 post into the new garage on the farm. We poured a 4" slab deepened to 6" in the area of the posts, then installed the lift ourselves.

The Porsche who came in from the cold