Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England

/ Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #31  
Re: Golfgar4 Back from New England

This is a picture of the Congregational Church, which is right downtown Portsmouth. I was reading in the local paper that the church is having some financial difficulties, so their working with the City to raise money to help out. Very interesting ideas I may need to bring back for a similar situation we have.

Attachments

• 334451-Portsmouth Congreg. Church.jpg
    334451-Portsmouth Congreg. Church.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 63
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #32  

After about an hour, Jenny says she's done - Let's go. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So we jump in the van and decide to just head north and drive along the Maine coast and seeing what we can see.

Well, we saw alot of the Maine coast....

Attachments

• 334452-Maine Coast #1.jpg
    334452-Maine Coast #1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 68
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #33  

....and more Maine coast.....

Attachments

• 334453-Maine Coast #5.jpg
    334453-Maine Coast #5.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 60
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #34  

....and more Maine coast, and more .....

Attachments

• 334455-Maine Coast #7.jpg
    334455-Maine Coast #7.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 53
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #35  

....Maine coast.....with a lighthouse! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 334456-Main Lighthouse.jpg
    334456-Main Lighthouse.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 66
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #36  

Well, while we were driving around, we were also lookinf for those lobster shacks that are along the road that we'd heard so much about.

"Oh, you just HAVE to have a meal at a lobster shack!"

"Visiting Maine wouldn't be complete without a meal at a lobster shack."

"You'll get the best meal for the lowest price at a lobster shack."

Gee, did anyone ever think of telling all of these people that the lobster shacks - - - - - - -

ALL CLOSE AFTER COLUMBUS DAY!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We had to have our lobster dinner at a regular, old restaurant. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Of course, it was great, and still a whole lot less expensive that what we would have paid back here. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Oops, got off track here. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As we were driving around, we discovered that we were just a few miles from Kennebunk. Never knew the "port" wasn't part of the towns actual name. So, we decided to see if we could find the X-president's home at Kennebunkport.

Yeah, right. Like it was going to be hard to find! We came around a bend in the road and had to stop so we wouldn't hit all of the cars that were stopped in the middle of the road taking pictures of it! So, we stopped and took a picture too! Like they say - When in Rome....

Attachments

• 334457-Kennebunkport - Bush Home.jpg
    334457-Kennebunkport - Bush Home.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 62
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #37  

The next day, we decided to travel down "Antique Alley". It's a 21 mile stretch of antique shops. The wife had a clent who had had a statue broken by some cleaning people, so we were on a mission to find a replacement.

Well, we'd been making our way down the "alley" when we come over a little hill and I see TRACTORS /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I tell the wife that I'm going to swing in to get some up-to-date brochures and take a picture of her sitting on a tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As we are walking up to the building, a fellow comes out and introduces himself as Wally. Asks if he can help us. Sure, I say. I'd like to get the brochures on your AGCO and Massey Ferguson 40 hp machines.

so he gives him to me and we chat for a few minutes. Then I mention that I'd like to take a picture of the wife sitting on an ST40. Great, he says, I'll even move the other tractors out of the way so you can get the shot. As we walk out to the yard, I mention that we're from Wisconsin, and I'll probably never be back here. No problem, he says.

Once we get out to the yard, the tractors don't really need to be moved. So I tell the wife to get up on the ST40 and I'll get her pic. So up she climbs....

Attachments

• 334472-Jenny on a ST40.jpg
    334472-Jenny on a ST40.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 67
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #38  

.... and then says, "Hey, I want to sit on THAT one!" And she points to the ST45 with cab.

"Oh, O.K." I say - very low key. "Of course, the one you're on is the one that I'd probably need to get."

She says, "But this one has a nice cab on it." And of course Wally doesn't miss a trick. He says, "Yeah, and it's got A/C, it's heated, and it has an AM/FM and CD player in it!"

She climbs on, and says "I REALLY like this. There's so much room!"

Attachments

• 334477-Jenny in a ST45.jpg
    334477-Jenny in a ST45.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #39  

when she climbs down, she says, "You should be the one getting your picture taken in this, so you can show your buddies on TBN."

"Oh, O.K. I suppose I could do it if you think they'd like to see it."

Anything for the buds! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 334480-Garry in a ST45.jpg
    334480-Garry in a ST45.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 72
   / Garry "Golfgar4" Summers Visits New England #40  

Man, I look good in that thing!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyway, here's a shot of Wally. I think his smile is not just because he's a nice guy - which he is!

I think he's privately smiling to himself cause he thinks he just sold an ST45 with cab somewhere!

Attachments

• 334481-Wally.jpg
    334481-Wally.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 67