Gas Drill anyone?

/ Gas Drill anyone? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Picked up a lightly used Stihl BT 45 gas drill today.
Haven’t used one in years.

Anyone else have/use one?

/ Gas Drill anyone? #2  
Isn't that an earth auger for planting flower bulbs? My employer has one.

/ Gas Drill anyone?
Isn't that an earth auger for planting flower bulbs? My employer has one.
No this is the wood boring one, I think its the same, without the side arm handle and the earth bit.

1673393022940.jpeg

1673393059690.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Gas Drill anyone? #4  
don't own but have used and seen them used.
Snowmobile clubs and winter road builders use to put stakes and sign holes into the ice and frozen ground. Stake in the hole and a little slush or water to set.
Arborists use to bore holes in tree trunks to place insecticide pac's into trees.

An arborist friend of mine switched to battery though.

/ Gas Drill anyone? #5  
No this is the wood boring one, I think its the same, without the side arm handle and the earth bit.
Either way, I saw a couple people plant a bazillion bulbs with one in an afternoon last week. Looked pretty darn handy.

/ Gas Drill anyone?
I have to drill a bunch of fence posts and the cordless 60v drill works, but changing packs constantly and the battery drill doesn‘t have the ”ass” behind it to keep your wrists & arms from flying around. This thing is bigger and when you drill a hole, it’s nice & steady.

I gave $200 for it. They are $799 new.

Last edited:
   / Gas Drill anyone? #9  
i had one used years ago to drill out houses for roughing in way before cordless drills came about. stopped using them due to exhaust buildup inside buildings. they were great though, had long extensions and i could drill joists 10' in the air while standing on the ground.

/ Gas Drill anyone? #10  
I have to drill a bunch of fence posts and the cordless 60v drill works, but changing packs constantly and the battery drill doesn‘t have the ”ass” behind it to keep your wrists & arms from flying around. This thing is bigger and when you drill a hole, it’s nice & steady.

I gave $200 for it. They are $799 new.
As luck would go, I have a box of post holes that I was thinking about selling for $50.😆
You did good on that 👍