Gas Drill anyone?

/ Gas Drill anyone? #11  
i have seen rea linemen drilling holes upon the poles.

/ Gas Drill anyone? #12  
It was the only choice besides air or hydraulic tools before the new batteries and tools came along.
Now there's battery ice augers for fishing.

/ Gas Drill anyone? #13  
No this is the wood boring one, I think its the same, without the side arm handle and the earth bit.

View attachment 778715

View attachment 778717
We had an Amish group build a storage building recently. They had a Stihl gas circular saw and a Dewalt compound miter saw with a 4 stroke Honda Engine. From discussions they have had someone fabricate the components to adapt the Honda to the miter saw. It worked well. not sure about the Stihl circular saw.

/ Gas Drill anyone? #14  
Our snowmobile club had a bunch, exactly as someone else mentioned.... we drilled holes to set stakes and sons in the ice on lake trails. They worked well.
The last 2-3 years we've moved to 20v battery drills.

/ Gas Drill anyone? #15  
Gas drills were all we used for drilling and framing poles that were not bucket truck accessible then Milwaukee came out with the Fuel brushless battery powered drills and the rest is history, no more gas drills.

/ Gas Drill anyone?
Gas drills were all we used for drilling and framing poles that were not bucket truck accessible then Milwaukee came out with the Fuel brushless battery powered drills and the rest is history, no more gas drills.

Yes, the cordless drills have replaced the gas. I’ll tell you this much, the gas drill is way more powerful and the size of it really makes a difference when bearing down with it in telephone poles. It just chews right through.
Battery drill kind of jerks around and the speed varies quite a bit.

No doubt cordless drill works great indoors and is lighter, but this thing has it’s place for certain jobs. It’s in my service truck to stay (but so is the DeWalt 60V drill lol)

/ Gas Drill anyone? #17  
Yes, the cordless drills have replaced the gas. I’ll tell you this much, the gas drill is way more powerful and the size of it really makes a difference when bearing down with it in telephone poles. It just chews right through.
Battery drill kind of jerks around and the speed varies quite a bit.

No doubt cordless drill works great indoors and is lighter, but this thing has it’s place for certain jobs. It’s in my service truck to stay (but so is the DeWalt 60V drill lol)
We liked the cordless drills so good but when Milwaukee came out with a big impact with a 1/2 hex tip that takes our utility bits thats what we went to, the problem we always had with the gas drills started when ethanol gas became the norm, it caused us problems with all of our gas engines because nothing is worse than being 50' up a pole and the gas drill wont run since the next option was drag out an extension cord and generator, we finally figured out about ethanol free gas for our small engines but by then we had already switched out all the old gas drills.

/ Gas Drill anyone? #19  
Real men use hand powered brace and bits. Don't have to worry about an engine puking or battery running out of juice. Though you might want to up your intake of spinach.

/ Gas Drill anyone? #20  
Isn't that an earth auger for planting flower bulbs? My employer has one.

Oh I cussed one of those growing up whilst working for my grandfather. If we had a fence job we couldn't get the skid steer in to dig post holes we'd use one of those. Arm breaker if it caught a root and you weren't holding on....