GAS Engine Cuts

/ GAS Engine Cuts #21  
" ... This is New Holland doing it not some back yard bird having some fun.

True, they are big boys. I used a cheap, easy method for alternate fuel as an example (which you only hear about the 'crazies' doing) ... this methane method would be harder and more expensive which equals more hurdles.

You can run your gas tractor off firewood too ... and the Govt. even published how to do it:
http://web.ornl.gov/info/reports/1989/3445602994393.pdf

Last edited:
   / GAS Engine Cuts #22  
436910-gas-engine-cuts-trumpit-jpg

"It was closed because there was too much 'lightweight' banter being tossed around as scientific fact and it was stupid! I'm rich, I'm really rich and I could make a gas tractor if I wanted to but I don't. So to all of those who want one, I'm sorry. Diesel is where it's at. I don't have time for loser products"
If posts could be compared to soda commercials, yours would definitely be zero empty calorie.

/ GAS Engine Cuts #23  
M
Probably because the OP's question was answered ages ago and nothing has changed.

There is no news on gasoline powered CUTs and there won't be unless something drastically changes.

Locking a thread people are debating engine types....on a tractor forum????
I definitely can't keep pace with the new Pc.

/ GAS Engine Cuts #24  
Will never work here ... we have the EPA. They want to RFID cattle and TAX farmers for cows methane emissions. It doesn't take one studying this subject long to learn that in the US, all these "alternate" fuels are a 'shell game' of money, power and control. Has nothing to do with the environment or allowing folks to save money. Just one example ... hitting up places to give you their waste vegetable oil (hey, they have to pay to have it removed anyway) and then making biodiesel out of it is a win, win all the way around for everyone right? Yea, just try to do that on a long term basis to impact your fuel bill and see who comes after you. If you sell what you make they get you. If you make too much of it for your own use they get you (I think in VA you are allowed to make 450 gallons a year for your own use only ... go over that and you are manufacturing and evading road use tax).

... why o why do I keep posting to this thread ... it will only end like the last one :rolleyes:

Probably the most accurate observation of the topic thus far.