GC 2300 wont start

/ GC 2300 wont start #31  
New battery. I picked up the Interstate MT-51. I am getting nothing. I don't hear the solenoid clicking when I turn the ignition. I tried jumping the starter and checked the engine ground.

/ GC 2300 wont start #32  
Are you saying that if you hook the starter directly to the new battery, via jumper cables, you get nothing?

/ GC 2300 wont start #34  
Does it spark, hum or anything when you do that?

/ GC 2300 wont start #36  
My guess is you not doing something right. You should get something, unless it's got a completely open wire inside.

Have you triple checked each individual lever, to see if they are all in the right place? Sometimes you can bump one, when you get off, knock it slightly out of place, and the machine will not start. Also try moving them and putting them back to the starting position.

There is a 40 amp fuse that appears to feed the ignition, check for a blown fuse.

Jump the seat switch with a wire, and see if that makes a difference.

Then, you can jump the other two safety switches on the levers.

Before you have it towed, you could pull the starter, and have it tested locally. Provided you have a re-builder nearby.

/ GC 2300 wont start #37  
The fuse for the starter is located in the wiring harness to the right of the battery.

The neutral switch is located below the fuel tank on the right hand side.

The other switch is on the PTO.

/ GC 2300 wont start #38  
The troubling part is that I am not even getting any of the indicator lights on the dashboard. Fuse is good. Getting dark here. Tomorrow is another day. Thanks.

/ GC 2300 wont start #39  
The troubling part is that I am not even getting any of the indicator lights on the dashboard.

Okay, there is a start.

There is also a fuse, in the wiring about 6" below the alternator.

/ GC 2300 wont start #40  
That one was good also. I looked at all of the fuses that I could find.