GC 2300 wont start

/ GC 2300 wont start #51  
Thanks for checking in. Keep us posted on the outcome.

/ GC 2300 wont start #52  
"All" of us with GCs are listening... figuring we may be next on the list....

Thanks for the updates. Hope you get it figured out (and let us know!).

/ GC 2300 wont start #53  
Hey guys....just to close the loop on this...it was the ignition. Thanks to all for your patience and help.

/ GC 2300 wont start #54  
All GC owners: Be sure to keep the opening for the key covered, or the key in it when storing your tractor outside, or washing it.

There are now several reports of corroded ignition switches. And, unrelated broken wires on them.

We now need to see if this broken ignition switch wire issue is the same wire each time, and if we can do anything to prevent it.

/ GC 2300 wont start #55  
"...keep the opening for the key covered.... " I do, and replaced the plastic cover, which broke off; didn't want to do without it.

So MFGC2300-- was it the switch itself, or something else??

/ GC 2300 wont start #56  
He told me it was just the switch.

/ GC 2300 wont start #57  
Ray, is that thing easily repairable? Expensive? Hmmmm... I'm thinking having a spare switch on hand might not be a bad idea... WBB

/ GC 2300 wont start #58  
List is $60. But my understanding is, so far repairing the broken wire puts it back in service.

I am not ready to purchase one for stock,..yet.

I have not seen the corrosion first hand. But, I would think it would be visible if you made the effort to see the connections on the back of the switch.

My tractor won the lottery when I bought it, Fergie was immediately put on light duty, semi retirement. It has been kept indoors. And doesn't even go out to plow snow when the weather is bad anymore, (only because I don't want to be out there). So, I don't know if mine has any corrosion, but I will look this summer.

/ GC 2300 wont start #59  
I'm going through this same "no start" issue with our 2300. I couldn't get to the starter to try and jump it as it's still on the log landing and I didn't bring the proper tools with me (a Philips screwdriver)! LOL I checked all fuses and what I believe to be the starter relay, it doesn't appear that I have power across it when key is in "start" mode so I think that is suspect more than anything else. I have power to one side with key over to "start" and nothing on the other side of the relay. Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow after work to check things some more. First time the little girl as not fired. I did check all the safety positions but I want to see if there is one under the foreword/reverse pedal (it's hydra-static drive).
dave

/ GC 2300 wont start #60  
I'm going through this same "no start" issue with our 2300. I couldn't get to the starter to try and jump it as it's still on the log landing and I didn't bring the proper tools with me (a Philips screwdriver)! LOL I checked all fuses and what I believe to be the starter relay, it doesn't appear that I have power across it when key is in "start" mode so I think that is suspect more than anything else. I have power to one side with key over to "start" and nothing on the other side of the relay. Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow after work to check things some more. First time the little girl as not fired. I did check all the safety positions but I want to see if there is one under the foreword/reverse pedal (it's hydra-static drive).
dave

Every one that hasn't started so far, has been either the ignition switch, (look for a wire broken off), or the ground strap to the engine.