GC1705 - Hydraulic Reservoir Overfill Question

/ GC1705 - Hydraulic Reservoir Overfill Question #31  
"Start by taking the smart phone away from them." Yes, that was my thought and I really pushed it, but it never gained much traction. I suggested (at our middle school) there be a large box --or something similar-- where ALL smartphones and other personal "devices" would be deposited when kids entered, to be picked up as they left, and locked up the rest of the day. Went over like a lead balloon....

No Axle, I'm not a kid by any stretch! I was into computers in 1965 when we all used time-sharing mainframes (GE 235, IBM 360, etc.) via a teletype and you had to write your own programs. Got out of it completely while I did some college, some military, quite a bit of traveling, working in a variety of service/tech trades, more college, 12 years in HVAC, then 23 years in the middle school.

Got back in to computers with our MacPlus, with the "heretofore unheard-of capacity of ONE WHOLE MEG" of RAM! (Still have it, still works.) So I bypassed the 8" floppies, only used 5.25s.

Retired (from the middle school) 4 years ago, will hit 70 this year (man, that's scary!). Now I play with my tractor, my boat, my airplane, my old motorcycles, and take trips in a small RV.

So, what Japanese motorcycles would those be? My first m/c was a Triumph TR6C, next was a Yamaha 750 Virago, a Honda 1100CC wing and now a BMW R1150GS boxer. Also, Greeves, Bultacos and some others that I barely recall. Now, I'm hankerin' for a Bloor Triumph Speed Triple with the three spoke wheels.

/ GC1705 - Hydraulic Reservoir Overfill Question #32  
My computing began on an IBM 1400 series system with punch cards, etc. We communicated by teletype using punched tape (E.F.Hutton Inc.) to transmit trade orders between exchanges and various EFH offices. I recall once, an employee dropped a tray of punched, sorted cards. It took hours to resort and properly arrange those cards. That was back in the day when the DJIA was around 1000.

/ GC1705 - Hydraulic Reservoir Overfill Question #33  
I started back in 1990, Windows 3.0, Novel Netware, Apple computers....had chances to buy Google and Microsoft stock...man was I dumb. Was doing programing and component repair on 8086 computers.....now 2018, I am a still a Windows systems administrator for a bank and I support 18,000 plus physical, cloud and VM servers. Started out Windows 3.0 (DOS 1.0) and now Im support Windows Server 2016. So much has happened in between in just 28 years.....