Grading GC1720 - Deadheading hydrostat?

/ GC1720 - Deadheading hydrostat?
Hmmm. You didn't have the same experience that I did. I wonder if I legitimately have an issue with my HST, then.

/ GC1720 - Deadheading hydrostat? #42  
It might just need some adjustment, after all they are built/assembled by humans.

Jim.

I have no idea how to adjust the HST pressure. Hopefully someone can help me out, there.

/ GC1720 - Deadheading hydrostat? #44  
I have no idea how to adjust the HST pressure. Hopefully someone can help me out, there.

Shop manual (Section 4.7.6 - Page 4-52) seems to indicate it has internal spring and poppet for pressure relief and does not have any external adjustment or port for checking pressure.... Pressure changes (adjustments) seem to be by shim washers against a spring under a cap plug... I see no comment/documentation where to hook up a pressure gauge....

Dale

/ GC1720 - Deadheading hydrostat? #47  
If it's under warranty, I wouldn't touch it.

Ditto...

Dale

I would vote the same. There are times to "fix it yourself", and there are times to not touch it. This is one of those times. If you would like I have some scary pictures I could post showing high pressure injection injuries. But I will warn you it ain't pretty. Not a bit.

Yeah. If it happens to me again, I'll send it to the dealer. I'm always apprehensive when letting a tech tear into my machinery...

/ GC1720 - Deadheading hydrostat? #49  
Just wondering how this turned out? Has it happened again?

I didn't seem to have any problem using my tractor to finish rotary cutting, tilling, and grading a little over an acre. I used my rear blade and box blade for many hours without any issue.

My only guess was that my box blade originally bit something, root maybe, in a manner that added downward pressure to my rear end and it gripped enough to stall out the transmission. I really don't know.

It was very strange and worried me. The tractor had no issue digging in under normal conditions.