Gc1725m tire chains

/ Gc1725m tire chains #1  

JDeerekid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower
My friend bought a new tractor last year mainly for snow removal. It has r4 tires and wanted to put chains on the rear tires for traction.
Bought a set of chains the dealer recommended from tirechains.com.
Got the right rear installed no problem. Went to put the left rear on and there isn't enough space on the inside of the tire for them to fit without hitting a bracket that controls one of the levers for the mid pto.
Dealer says they have I stall hundreds of chains no problem.

Wondering if anyone here has put chains on and had issues.

Only thing I can think of doing is get wheel spacers, but buddy doesn't want to spend that kind of money.

If I get a chance I will get pictures of what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

/ Gc1725m tire chains #3  
You don't need to get pictures, I can tell you what it looks like. I guess if you get the chains on tight enough and make sure they are tight. But I would not trust it. I put on the 2" spacers that Dale linked to. Worth every penny for added stability on hills not to mention allowing me to not worry about if the chains in winter would take take something out. There is less they 1/8" clearance without the spacers.

chain-clearance.jpg

/ Gc1725m tire chains #4  
   / Gc1725m tire chains
You don't need to get pictures, I can tell you what it looks like. I guess if you get the chains on tight enough and make sure they are tight. But I would not trust it. I put on the 2" spacers that Dale linked to. Worth every penny for added stability on hills not to mention allowing me to not worry about if the chains in winter would take take something out. There is less they 1/8" clearance without the spacers.

View attachment 735100
Told my buddy that spacers are a good thing either way, just odd that his dealer said chains would fit without any spacers when you can clearly see they would not. Thanks for the picture and the recommendation!

/ Gc1725m tire chains #6  
I put a set of chains on a 2021 gc1725m and had 1/2 inch clearance there for a neighbor.
I did suggest spacers however but he's not had issues yet.
Still they are good idea even wo chain issues

/ Gc1725m tire chains #8  
If it is possible, could one rim be dished in or out and the other not?

Last edited:
   / Gc1725m tire chains #9  
If it is possible could one rim be dished in or out and the other not?
why?
if adding spacers to do one do both.
forget the chain issue, spacers help all season long.

/ Gc1725m tire chains #10  
The rims on the GCs cannot be flipped to get more space.