Gc1725m tire chains

/ Gc1725m tire chains #12  
Nope, welded factory wheels..... Only go on one way...
Oh my! I just found a picture of a GC1725, those are small tires/rims and it sure doesn't look like you could accidently reverse their installation.

I guess the OP has something else going on if their dealer said they have installed 100's without a problem.

/ Gc1725m tire chains #13  
My dealer told me the same thing, they also told me the wheels could be flipped. These small tractors are not the bread an butter of the dealer. I would trust them to fix it if something went wrong but I don't think the service dept does a lot of work on them otherwise.

I also take it with a grain of salt when someone says something like "We've done it hundreds of times".... do you really think they've sold hundreds of these tractors?

I'm sure that, like I said, if you got the chains on tight and they stay tight there is probably little danger. There is enough clearance for the chains, just not a lot of extra room. If the chains are loose they will likely hit the bracket and what is on that bracket. Eventually, even if nothing catastrophic happens, loose chains would slowly and eventually cause damage that needs repairing. If you put chains on without the spacers you need to watch them closely, check them often, and tighten them up if they get loose. A set of chain tensioners would also be a good idea.

/ Gc1725m tire chains #14  
Oh my! I just found a picture of a GC1725, those are small tires/rims and it sure doesn't look like you could accidently reverse their installation.

I guess the OP has something else going on if their dealer said they have installed 100's without a problem.
if reversed you could not even get the lug bolts into the axle holes. offset is that much.
heck even many car tire dealers cannot work the rear tires on their machines due to the huge offset.
now I've only done 3 GC series chains, with correct tensioners it CAN be done but....the spacers protect you both on stability and chain strikes.

/ Gc1725m tire chains #16  
My chains were more expensive than the bro-tek spacers.

/ Gc1725m tire chains #17  
I used these
then I used M12 1.5pitch x 50mm long bolts.
drove the bolts in thru back side of axle to create studs, loctite used generously there.
then put spacers on and used some old lugnuts from a 2013 escape I had to attach spacer to axle.
then for wheel just used the lugnuts that the spacers came with.
I got about 100$ tied up in it all. the 50mm long bolts were the hardest to find.
I wanted flat faced to seat against axle plate on reverse side and most 40mm would have been little too short.

/ Gc1725m tire chains #18  
Just a note that the BROTEC comes with everything you need to install.. No micky-motion, no exasperating Google searches or trips to hardware store....

/ Gc1725m tire chains #19  
Just a note that the BROTEC comes with everything you need to install.. No micky-motion, no exasperating Google searches or trips to hardware store....
I was just looking at the ones on amazon and trying to figure out differences. The Bro-Tek spacers are also "hub-centric" (made to fit the GC). There is also more metal between the lugs bolts/holes and the inside/outside of the spacer than the less expensive ones, there is 1.5# more metal in each spacer. Some might say that the ones designed for a car are made for highway speeds, but cars have shocks and springs, I think the lugs on a tractor are going to take more of a hit on bumps. This stuff might not matter to some. But for an item that will last the life of my tractor and probably longer then I'm around I don't tend to worry about the cost. When compared to the cost of the tractor it is nothing, less than 1%.

/ Gc1725m tire chains #20  
I purposely wanted to rid myself of the lug BOLT crap massey (and many others) uses which is why I spent the money on specific bolts.
spacers themselves don't care what you use I've just had tires fall off on other stuff due to lug bolts.
so when I added spacers, and I would do this same thing even with broteck, I turned my hubs into a threaded stud type setup.