GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #1  

Flatrockcorner

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1725M
Just curious how you guys tied up or stowaway the hydraulic lines when you don't have the backhoe on the tractor?

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #2  
If you're talking about the long looped line and the tank line on the tractor side after removing the backhoe, then grab a couple bungee cords. If there is no implement on the 3PH, then I just use a bungee to the backhoe mount pin location. You can also use a bungee and secure it to the seat belt anchors, seat frame, ROPS base (under the plastic)...you get the idea. There is not a decent manufacturer allowance for securing the lines. If you have a 3PH implement, beware of the swing path and if you have a driveline in use, be very cautious of that also.

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #3  
Like this:

IMG_20191029_141457.jpg

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #4  
Speaking of backhoe lines anybody have any good information on how they connect to FEL "BP" port and "P" port of 3PH control... Think I am getting handle on how to do power beyond with same lines as BH but have a idea that the diagram in shop manual has some errors...

Dale

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #5  
For me it takes trial and error as I have multiple configurations-BH, Snowblower, box blade and Post digger. I have gone through at least one hose to get it right.

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #6  
Speaking of backhoe lines anybody have any good information on how they connect to FEL "BP" port and "P" port of 3PH control... Think I am getting handle on how to do power beyond with same lines as BH but have a idea that the diagram in shop manual has some errors...

Dale

Here is the information I think you are looking for in the thread of the link listed below, Post #9, #12, & #14 especially.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...89305-can-hydraulics-backhoe-used-adding.html

This is the way I understand the flow of hydraulics from the FEL to the BH to the 3 point hitch:

The hydraulic supply line from the FEL Power Beyond (PB) port has a male coupler end located at the rear of the tractor, and is called "the Pressure Hose (1)" in the MF Backhoe Manual, which connects to the female coupler end coming from the backhoe's Pressure Port (P) valve assembly.

The male coupler end of the hose coming from the backhoe's Power Beyond (PB) port valve assembly connects to the female coupler end of the hose called "the Return Line (2)" in the MF Backhoe Manual, and is located at the back of the tractor and then goes to the Pressure Port (P) of the tractor's "3 point hitch" valve assembly.

The couplers in red above connect together when the Backhoe is removed.

The male coupler end of the hose coming from the backhoe's Return (T) Port valve assembly connects to the female coupler end (this hose coupler end remains loose when the backhoe is removed) of the hose called "direct return to the transmission sump (3)" in the MF Backhoe Manual, and goes to the "transmission sump tank".

I have been thinking about these hydraulic flows/connections for about 11 years now and I still do not have a real good grasp of it.

I hope this helps you with our tractors hydraulics flow...

KC

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #7  
Here is the information I think you are looking for in the thread of the link listed below, Post #9, #12, & #14 especially.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...89305-can-hydraulics-backhoe-used-adding.html

This is the way I understand the flow of hydraulics from the FEL to the BH to the 3 point hitch:

The hydraulic supply line from the FEL Power Beyond (PB) port has a male coupler end located at the rear of the tractor, and is called "the Pressure Hose (1)" in the MF Backhoe Manual, which connects to the female coupler end coming from the backhoe's Pressure Port (P) valve assembly.

The male coupler end of the hose coming from the backhoe's Power Beyond (PB) port valve assembly connects to the female coupler end of the hose called "the Return Line (2)" in the MF Backhoe Manual, and is located at the back of the tractor and then goes to the Pressure Port (P) of the tractor's "3 point hitch" valve assembly.

The couplers in red above connect together when the Backhoe is removed.

The male coupler end of the hose coming from the backhoe's Return (T) Port valve assembly connects to the female coupler end (this hose coupler end remains loose when the backhoe is removed) of the hose called "direct return to the transmission sump (3)" in the MF Backhoe Manual, and goes to the "transmission sump tank".

I have been thinking about these hydraulic flows/connections for about 11 years now and I still do not have a real good grasp of it.

I hope this helps you with our tractors hydraulics flow...

KC

I am pretty much in agreement with your description, but the two things the elude me is what connection is used on control valve body of 3PH as the "P" (from BP of BH) port for 3PH..

Graphic provided is what I believe to be a "correct" copy of partial hydraulic system as I believe the one in shop manual has at least 3 errors in way its drawn...

gc1715.jpg

Dale

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #8  
I am pretty much in agreement with your description, but the two things the elude me is what connection is used on control valve body of 3PH as the "P" (from BP of BH) port for 3PH..

Graphic provided is what I believe to be a "correct" copy of partial hydraulic system as I believe the one in shop manual has at least 3 errors in way its drawn...

View attachment 644707

Dale

All I know is what I have learned over the years and am still learning about tractor hydraulics.

The main flow of these valve assemblies is:

Hydraulic flow into the valve connects to the "P" port,

and hydraulic flow out of the valve connects to the "PB" port,

and the hydraulic so called over pressure flow back to the tank from the "T" port of the valve.

Our tractor valves appear to be an "Open Center" valve and each valve has a power beyond port to flow to the next valve.

This is why it's a must to connect the 2 hoses from the backhoe when it's removed, to complete the flow of hydraulic fluid to the 3 point hitch.

I'm not sure if I answered your post above, but I'm sure if I was to read my post above 10 years ago it would of been way over my knowledge back then about hydraulics.

Back then it was more important and hard enough to figure out all of the tractor levers.

KC

View attachment Prince Valve with 2 remotes.pdf

Last edited:
   / GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #9  
All I know is what I have learned over the years and am still learning about tractor hydraulics.

The main flow of these valve assemblies is:

Hydraulic flow into the valve connects to the "P" port,

and hydraulic flow out of the valve connects to the "PB" port,

and the hydraulic so called over pressure flow back to the tank from the "T" port of the valve.

Our tractor valves appear to be an "Open Center" valve and each valve has a power beyond port to flow to the next valve.

This is why it's a must to connect the 2 hoses from the backhoe when it's removed, to complete the flow of hydraulic fluid to the 3 point hitch.

I'm not sure if I answered your post above, but I'm sure if I was to read my post above 10 years ago it would of been way over my knowledge back then about hydraulics.

Back then it was more important and hard enough to figure out all of the tractor levers.

KC

View attachment 644732

You are right on 100 %.... I have come to same conclusion, I am just trying to get real good handle on where the plumbing actually connect on physical equipment, and it occured to me that if I tear into tractor and remove hose from "BP" of FEL to "P" of control valve for 3PH, I have exact location for where beyond power hoses connect (aka BH hoses) ... Only thing is I still can not seem where "T" hose for BH connect, but I may not need that if using simple valve assembly for something like log splitter. (with open spool) ..

2020.jpg

Dale

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #10  
This is LD1's post (#9) from my link, of my post #6 above:

12-22-2017, 04:46 AM #9

LD1

LD1 is offline Super Star Member LD1's Avatar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date:Apr 2008Posts:19,067Location:Central OhioTractor:Kubota MX5100

Default Re: Can hydraulics for backhoe be used for adding rear controls for hydraulic attachm

"You need a valve for your remotes.

So you need to decide on 2 remotes, 3, etc.

Valve needs to be open center, AND have an optional power beyond plug.

The line currently running to SUPPLY the backhoe needs to be re-routed and NOW supply the new remote valves.

The Power beyond out of the new valve needs a hose added to get back to where your backhoe hookup was. This is the new supply for the backhoe.

You need to ADD a return to tank somewhere from the new valve. This can be Tee'd in anywhere with an existing return line. (the backhoe return is NOT an actual return line, rather that is the feed for the 3PH).

Then you need to add your rear couplers.....mounted however you wish.

You still need to couple the backhoe lines together when backhoe is detached."

I believe LD1 has explaned it so I can even understand it...

KC

B.T.W. do you plan on mounting your valve upfront near the joy stick or in the back near the ROPS?

To me, it would be a easier plumbing job in the back...