GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #11  
I was thinking in back to possibly power a log splitter mounted on 3PH.... I know it will be slow, but so am I (because I'm old) and I don't do that much splitting....

Dale

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #12  
I was thinking in back to possibly power a log splitter mounted on 3PH.... I know it will be slow, but so am I (because I'm old) and I don't do that much splitting....

Dale

A while ago I was thinking like you are about a 3 point mounted log splitter, PTO and hydraulic.

Heck I even thought of a standard gas power log splitter towed behind the tractor or mounted to a modified "3 point carry-all" (wood platform with log splitter strapped down to it).

But in reality, I only have 3 acres of wooded land, and now I usually:

1). skid the trees (cut to about 16') to the outside area of my woodshed for processing.

2). cut the logs to 9' and either skid the logs or use my bucket mounted brush forks to transport the logs to the outside of the woodshed.

3). and after 11 years we only had 1 nasty winter that toppled over 50 trees.

I have learned to hate handling wood over and over especially after our 1 nasty winter and splitting all of that wood in about 6 locations (my neighbor towed his gas powered log splitter with his UTV to these 6 locations) throughout the property.

My current system is to cut the logs (outside of the woodshed) into 18" rounds, load them on the wooden platform on top of the bucket mounted brush forks, drive into the woodshed and dump the load.

We will stack the rounds inside the woodshed and work our way out, and the woodshed can hold about 20 cords.

In the summer we get all of the last winter downfall trees cut into 18" rounds and into the woodshed and during the winter I'll use the 7 ton electric wood splitter as needed to split wood and kindling for 2 garden wagons (this process is done in the woodshed and the loaded wagons are pulled into the house and staged next to the wood burning stove).

Oh I forgot to mention the best part of this "on demand splitting", I am sitting down on a 3 gallon bucket with a cushioned bucket lid doing the wood splitting...

This splitting on demand has worked well for me because for the past 4 years, and being old, it extends the manual work required out to many more days; of about 10 minutes + - to fill 2 wagon loads of wood when required (usually just 1 wagon load a day after late Dec. and Jan.).

Everyone has to find out what works for them, and for me I seem to always make little adjustments when I find an easier and more efficient way.

KC

Sorry to be off topic...

Last edited:
   / GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #13  
A while ago I was thinking like you are about a 3 point mounted log splitter, PTO and hydraulic.

Heck I even thought of a standard gas power log splitter towed behind the tractor or mounted to a modified "3 point carry-all" (wood platform with log splitter strapped down to it).

But in reality, I only have 3 acres of wooded land, and now I usually:

1). skid the trees (cut to about 16') to the outside area of my woodshed for processing.

2). cut the logs to 9' and either skid the logs or use my bucket mounted brush forks to transport the logs to the outside of the woodshed.

3). and after 11 years we only had 1 nasty winter that toppled over 50 trees.

I have learned to hate handling wood over and over especially after our 1 nasty winter and splitting all of that wood in about 6 locations (my neighbor towed his gas powered log splitter with his UTV to these 6 locations) throughout the property.

My current system is to cut the logs (outside of the woodshed) into 18" rounds, load them on the wooden platform on top of the bucket mounted brush forks, drive into the woodshed and dump the load.

We will stack the rounds inside the woodshed and work our way out, and the woodshed can hold about 20 cords.

In the summer we get all of the last winter downfall trees cut into 18" rounds and into the woodshed and during the winter I'll use the 7 ton electric wood splitter as needed to split wood and kindling for 2 garden wagons (this process is done in the woodshed and the loaded wagons are pulled into the house and staged next to the wood burning stove).

Oh I forgot to mention the best part of this "on demand splitting", I am sitting down on a 3 gallon bucket with a cushioned bucket lid doing the wood splitting...

This splitting on demand has worked well for me because for the past 4 years, and being old, it extends the manual work required out to many more days; of about 10 minutes + - to fill 2 wagon loads of wood when required (usually just 1 wagon load a day after late Dec. and Jan.).

Everyone has to find out what works for them, and for me I seem to always make little adjustments when I find an easier and more efficient way.

KC

Sorry to be off topic...

BUT you are splitting about 10 to 15 time more than me.... I have maybe 15 round sitting and maybe 15 more to be created this season...... Last year neighbor came over brought his splitter we split for about 3 hours for 2 days ... He got half the wood for splitter "rent"....Still have some of the wood ... Don't even know why I am thinking splitter, but the challenge came to create "power beyond" because sales brochure said it was available... But according to AGCO, its not, PB is only used on backhoe models... And most shop manual data is non existent for tractor side of backhoe equipped units...

Oh well nuf said....

Dale

/ GC1725MB backhoe hydraulic lines #14  
And I di figure out MF/AGCO has a few errors in it shop manual for hydraulic diagram for BH plumbing on the 1705-1720......

Error...
3ph-BH hydrauilcs-ERROR.jpg

Correction...
gc1715.jpg

Dale