GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off...

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #51  
Just pop them out with a flat screwdriver and a bump from you palm of the hand.

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #52  
That was my first thought but with my luck that c-clip would take off like a bullet never to be found again, I guess i could throw a rag over it before I knock it out.

DEWFPO

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #53  
If you are replacing them you get news ones with the kit.

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #54  
I'm replacing the slip yoke and re-using the U-joint (only 78 hours on it).

DEWFPO

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #55  
Walt, the rag's definitely a good idea-- I lost the teensy c-clip that holds the carb needle in place on that 71 CB100 as I was trying to put it back on 2 weeks ago-- finally found one left over from a 76 XL250 that was the same size.... but wow, was I hard on myself for trying that in my gravel driveway! --I should know better!!

On the 2300 driveshaft, perhaps a screwdiver, or maybe a piece of 1/8" steel with a u-shaped cutout --to fit around the u-joint, but bear on the c-clip-- might also work.

Attachments

• CB100 jet needle.JPG
    CB100 jet needle.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 125
   / GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #56  
Walt, the rag's definitely a good idea-- I lost the teensy c-clip that holds the carb needle in place on that 71 CB100 as I was trying to put it back on 2 weeks ago-- finally found one left over from a 76 XL250 that was the same size.... but wow, was I hard on myself for trying that in my gravel driveway! --I should know better!!

On the 2300 driveshaft, perhaps a screwdiver, or maybe a piece of 1/8" steel with a u-shaped cutout --to fit around the u-joint, but bear on the c-clip-- might also work.

I've dealt with that sort of thing way too many times that's why I asked if there was a less brutal way to remove it.

O.K., I'll see how much damage I can do. :)

Thanks, DEWFPO

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #57  
UPDATE :

I've replaced the stock front slip yoke with a new, 1" longer one that I mentioned in previous posts in this thread. In the picture below you can see that there is now only 2" of shaft visible in front of the slip yoke. The yoke is longer by 1 full inch which is approximately the distance from the zerk fitting forward. It fits great, has plenty of clearance and now there's less vibration and wobble in that joint. This should solve the problem I was having.

DEWFPO

GC2300NewlongerSlipYoke.jpg

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #58  
Great photo! I'll be checking mine soon.... Just put on the quick-hitch assembly this evening and lubed the whole tractor; next comes the FEL removal and snowblower install. I'll post pics of the "standard" set up if I can, for comparison to your photo. Though I haven't had any problems with it yet, your longer driveshaft yoke is sounding like a better idea all the time. Let us know how it performs this winter.

On a different topic, I'll post pics of my newest acquisition for my 2310 --an AGCO specific block heater-- in another thread. (Wasn't cheap @ $140+, but fit perfectly.)

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #59  
Some of you may remember me saying that I had a much more pronounced vibration & noise when I had the snowblower raised up as far as it could go and rotating at full speed. If I lowered it a little bit, then I would just get the normal vibration and noise.

Well, I'm here to tell you that since I changed out the front slip yoke on the long mid pto driveshaft to the new 1" longer slip yoke; I get no noticeable change in vibration or sound no matter what angle I have the snowblower at. I wasn't expecting it to solve that issue, but it did.

Though you all would like to know.

DEWFPO

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #60  
Walt-- as promised, here's a photo of the stock set-up. Although I've had no trouble with mine, your longer shaft looks like a much better way to go. How much did you have to spend for that little jewel? Makes mine look like it'll fall off any minute!

(On another note, how'd you get the photo in there like that?)

Attachments

• driveshaft yoke.JPG
    driveshaft yoke.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 270
  • driveshaft yoke 2.JPG
    driveshaft yoke 2.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 250