GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off...

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #61  
DEWFPO-- I went back & saw you got that from Inland Truck. I'll google them to see what I find..... Walt

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #62  
Walt-- as promised, here's a photo of the stock set-up. Although I've had no trouble with mine, your longer shaft looks like a much better way to go. How much did you have to spend for that little jewel? Makes mine look like it'll fall off any minute!

(On another note, how'd you get the photo in there like that?)

Hi Walt,

At this time of the year, the sun around here is pretty low in the sky so the lighting is perfect for this kind of shot. I put the sun at 90 degrees to the driveshaft and turned the front wheels to the right. Luckily the shot came out pretty good.

I bought Weasler P/N 812-0615 from InlandTruck for $26.05 (+shipping). I think it came out to $35 total and I installed it myself. I e-mailed Greg Mundy at gregm@inlandtruck.com and they shipped it out of their Scottsbluff, NE store since it was the closest to me. The number to the Scottsbluff store is 800-489-9011.

Hope this helps, DEWFPO

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #63  
Just got my new 2650 running in DEEP snow with 25-30 mph wind--works great in 18" snowdrifts, and was able to cut thru the 4' pile left by the county at the end of my drive.
( The wind went down from 40+ the last 2 days-yes I have a cab!)

The blower was built in August 08, they still have the short slip yoke, apparently not enough complaints to go to the longer one you have found.

I have modified the blower for gravel driveways to eliminate the gravel throwing, will start a new thread with some pics when the snow melts off the blower!

When assembling the blower I followed all the tips and techniques in this thread, thanks for all the advice and suggestions!

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #64  
Just got my new 2650 running in DEEP snow with 25-30 mph wind--works great in 18" snowdrifts, and was able to cut thru the 4' pile left by the county at the end of my drive.
( The wind went down from 40+ the last 2 days-yes I have a cab!)

The blower was built in August 08, they still have the short slip yoke, apparently not enough complaints to go to the longer one you have found.

I have modified the blower for gravel driveways to eliminate the gravel throwing, will start a new thread with some pics when the snow melts off the blower!

When assembling the blower I followed all the tips and techniques in this thread, thanks for all the advice and suggestions!

Did you do anything more than raise the blower (via the skids) to blow on gravel?

DEWFPO

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #65  
No I did not do anything with the skids, lowered as far as they would go for max height which I suspected would not work in gravel-they just dig in.

I had planned on doing this mod to my walk-behind Toro, instead I did the 2650.

Toro is going bye-bye.

Just added 2 swivel casters (8" pnuematic from Harbor Freight) to the blower, no holes drilled in the blower, did not remove the original skids.

Will try for pics tomorrow maybe (snow coming!).

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #66  
No I did not do anything with the skids, lowered as far as they would go for max height which I suspected would not work in gravel-they just dig in.

I had planned on doing this mod to my walk-behind Toro, instead I did the 2650.

Toro is going bye-bye.

Just added 2 swivel casters (8" pnuematic from Harbor Freight) to the blower, no holes drilled in the blower, did not remove the original skids.

Will try for pics tomorrow maybe (snow coming!).

Thanks, I'd like to see pics when you can.

DEWFPO

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #67  
DEWFPO-- Thanks for the lead-- I've contacted Inland Truck, and am about to order the part-- I like the idea of having about 30% more surface area in contact there, and your comment about reducing vibration sounded enticing.... Those guys are great about getting back to the customer, btw-- I had responses withing a few hours! (I knew there was something I liked about the midwest- that's where my wife is from, too-- :)) Price has gone up a bit; looks like about $45 with shipping. Still worth it.

amfken-- ditto on the pics!!

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #68  
Well-- lots of threatening, but still only a couple of inches of crusty snow on the ground and the same depth of ice on my driveway....:mad: Looks like more "wintery mix" (don't you just love weather-person euphemisms?) on the way next week. Been stocking up on sand lately.

DEWFPO-- you had said that the new, longer yoke eliminated a lot of your vibration-- did that change the way your blower engages as well? I remember you had some concerns about it slamming in. I did order that yoke, by the way-- it should be here in a week or so, though I may not put it on 'til next year as mine seems --so far-- to be OK. Came to $43.95 w/ shipping. Dealt with Greg; he was great.

amkfken- I saw your casters on the other post; started me drooling. I'm still wondering how you attached the upright section to the blower body-- where'd you hide the bolts?

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #69  
DEWFPO-- you had said that the new, longer yoke eliminated a lot of your vibration-- did that change the way your blower engages as well? I remember you had some concerns about it slamming in. I did order that yoke, by the way-- it should be here in a week or so, though I may not put it on 'til next year as mine seems --so far-- to be OK. Came to $43.95 w/ shipping. Dealt with Greg; he was great.

Walt, The snowblower always engaged/disengaged smoothly. I engage at just above idle rpms.

Engaging the MMM deck was where the harshness issue came in.

DEWFPO

/ GC2310 snowblower driveshaft flew off... #70  
Did these driveshaft problems only occur on a certain build run? I finally got to a dealer to look at a new GC and I asked about if they have dealt with this problem. They gave me a puzzled look and said they've never had any issues. We went out and looked at the blowers and couldn't see any problem. The salesman asked if maybe it was a dealer prep issue? He also said the company that makes the MF blowers also make the Kubotas. This dealer sells both brands.