GC2310 Wrong Pump installed

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #31  
Forgive me if I am skeptical of the statement, "The dealer did it for free".

Are you certain they did not get MF to cover the labor? Three months out of warranty, it's not unheard of for them to do that.

I agree, dealerships do nothing for free, but, they can act as the go between and work with MF to get things done. Its very rare for a dealership to give up 3 hours labor unless they expect to get it back from you in the future :)

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #32  
I agree, dealerships do nothing for free, but, they can act as the go between and work with MF to get things done. Its very rare for a dealership to give up 3 hours labor unless they expect to get it back from you in the future :)

3 hours of labor? Are you sure? My understanding is, this job requires removal and dis-assembly of the trans.

I know for a fact, that sometimes a repairer will claim to have donated their end of a repair, when in reality they did get reimbursed. I have personally seen this done.

It's a win-win for MF, and the Dealer to play it that way. Both look like saints, when in fact they actually, and in this case knowingly, sold a defective piece of equipment.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #33  
I have a Massey-Ferguson GC-2310 and the hydrolics just gave out. It has only 321 hours on it. The problem is exactly what was described. No lift in the bucket or the mower deck. Has anyone had any luck with Massey making repairs on this?

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #34  
Is yours in fact an early (prior to 2006) model? Are you sure it's the pump that's failed? My 2007 is still working well at 680 hrs.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #35  
I have a Massey-Ferguson GC-2310 and the hydrolics just gave out. It has only 321 hours on it. The problem is exactly what was described. No lift in the bucket or the mower deck. Has anyone had any luck with Massey making repairs on this?

We haven't heard from anyone who has been through this in a while.

MF has only been paying for parts. Labor has generally fallen on the owner.

Please let us know what they do for you.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #36  
Is yours in fact an early (prior to 2006) model? Are you sure it's the pump that's failed? My 2007 is still working well at 680 hrs.

I have not taken the pump off yet but the problems I read about are identical, no steering, no PTO mid or rear, and I do have the ability to go forward and reverse. I called the Massey dealer today and he told me based on what I describe, it is the pump. My Serial # is JRA 20308 which I believe is a 2006.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #37  
Wow, the same thing happened to our tractor gc2300, it would move forward and backwards the dealer was no help other than bring it in and leave it and
a blank check. After many hours of cussing and discussing i found out that this Japanese made joker has two pumps , the hydraustatic which actually drives the tractor and then there is a small accessory pump that supply s hydraulic oil to the power steering the 3 point lift and the front end loader if you have one.
I had to figure this out by myself as the dealer i have been working with is oblivious as to how the tractor works .
I pulled the cover off and revealed the two gears that pump the oil. now they will not sell you the gear driver for the pump you'll have to buy the whole pump to the tune of about $500 , Cheaper than the $2400 estimate i got to fix it. The gear driver shaft splines had worn out , it is a Shimadzy GPY360 17R708
It is simple to remove and i will be glad to walk anyone through that is having that problem , now if you sheared the gear that drives the little pump then you'll have to go into the transmission.I will post some pictures soon as i can.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #38  
Hello to all, I just copied what I sent to David644 post from 2011.

Well I have a 2006 GC2310 with the same problem, SN JRA 20431. and it just happen 12-2019
The Warrenty is up a long time ago, but this problem sounds just like all the ones above.
My tractor has 802 hours on it, while using it, lost the hydraulics for the loader and steering, my buddy was using it, and was able to drve it to the barn to park inside. I
went to check to see if it was a simple fix, all hoses good, changed the transmission oil, now I have no movement. pulled the suction screen and found metal shaving on the screen and inside tank. Got tractor back home to work on it in a warm garage.
I pull the pump off and the splined are worn the first 1/2" and the grear inside is also worn.
inside the gear it is rusty, I read on one of the post the gear needed a weep hold for oil to get onthe shaft (from factor not done)
Is this the same problem mention above? the Pump number is GPY-10R708 .

I see the one tractor was repaired in Albany at my dealer, How did you make out with the cost, what did they do for you?
I have the tractor torn down and working on removing the transmission, should I STOP the work and send it to the dealer?
Can I pull the front case off the front with out droping the transmission?
also while spinning the input shaft, the pump gear does not spin, I'm thinking I have more problems inside?

Just like David post, I'm see the same sofar.

The Back Hoe is still on, I dont think I need to remove and if I due need to remove, not sure how to with out the hydraulic?

How and or what will the Dealer/Massey do for me? and iformation would help me take the next steps.
i see only a few post, But how many of the tractors failed, all, most?
I know the tractor is 13-14 years old, but failures like this shoud not happen, I work my tractor, but I do take car if it.
Thanks
JP2

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #39  
An update to the above post.
I just got the transmission out, it comes out the back, the back hoe and the back hoe supports has to be removed, plus every thing else, this is a time consuming job. I have 10-12 hours into to it already, I did pull the pump first to check to see if I had the short shaft, I did and the Pump is the Shimadzu GPY-10R708. My Serial Number is JRA20431 as i mention above.
My Tractor is a 2006, and has two problems, so the issue was not corrected in all the 2006 models.
The pump shaft is short and look like lack of Oil getting onto the splines and the gear, look rusty and is stripped and the bearing is rough.
The I spun the main input shaft, the hydraulic pump gear did not turn either.
Once i split the transmission, I found all the problems.
The Hydraulic Pump is the short shaft, and looks like oil in not getting into the gear and bearing correctly, similar to David644 post.
The main input shaft from the HST to the inside of the transmission, spline wore, looks rusty also, but gear spline are better, and bearing is rough. possible oil issue also.
The bearing for the Lower spline gear on the HST going into the transmission the bearings are rough.
I visit the dealer and they are contacting the Massey Ferguson Rep. to see what can be done, from the parts needed I looking at 1,200.00 to 1,400.00 at least, plus seals and O-rings. My labor is free.
I hoping they will cover the parts to some degree or ALL of them. I"m lucky that I am able to do the work my self. From David644 post they needed to add weep holes for oil to get to the splines. I did ask my Dealer to get the information needed to correct the problem with any modifications that will need to be completed.
I hope to hear something soon.
To all other out there, what did they get covered by Massey and/or the dealer?

Thanks
JP

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #40  
Wow, the same thing happened to our tractor gc2300, it would move forward and backwards the dealer was no help other than bring it in and leave it and
a blank check. After many hours of cussing and discussing i found out that this Japanese made joker has two pumps , the hydraustatic which actually drives the tractor and then there is a small accessory pump that supply s hydraulic oil to the power steering the 3 point lift and the front end loader if you have one.
I had to figure this out by myself as the dealer i have been working with is oblivious as to how the tractor works .
I pulled the cover off and revealed the two gears that pump the oil. now they will not sell you the gear driver for the pump you'll have to buy the whole pump to the tune of about $500 , Cheaper than the $2400 estimate i got to fix it. The gear driver shaft splines had worn out , it is a Shimadzy GPY360 17R708
It is simple to remove and i will be glad to walk anyone through that is having that problem , now if you sheared the gear that drives the little pump then you'll have to go into the transmission.I will post some pictures soon as i can.

You say it is simple to remove, do you have an instructions or pictures of getting the pump off or what you did to fix it. thanks peter