GC2310 Wrong Pump installed

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #41  
You say it is simple to remove, do you have an instructions or pictures of getting the pump off or what you did to fix it. thanks peter
Hello Peter,
No this is not a simple job. It is a lot of work, but it is do able. I also had my backhoe still on and had to remove.
The small hydraulic pump up on top splines are worn and will stop pumping hydraulic fluid, the lift power for steering and bucket. You will need to remove the transmission because the original gear housing is worn too, you will need replace both the pump which has longer splines with a new inner gear, to replace the transmission need to need split. I also lost my drive power at the same time, the shaft splines on the hydrostatic shaft worn into the gear in the transmission, I had a double problem. the hydro shaft was worn but the spline in the gear looked ok, But I was this deep, so I replaced the gear and the bearing for this gear. I have attached a few picture. of the old pump, the gear the pump goes into, they hydro shaft and the transmission out and the last picture of the transmission out of the tractor, the complete back end of the tractor need to be apart and the transmission slide out the back between the the rails. it might be possible to just install the new pump, their might be some spline left in the gear, but this is only a band aid, I would repair it correctly, take lots of pictures, this will help it go back together, good luck. if you have any other questions, please ask. I don't have instructions,
but I can e-mail you through it. it is a lot of removal of everything, you will see my picture of the tractor stripped. DSC_3963.JPG
DSC_3831.jpgDSC_3944.jpgDSC_3966.jpgDSC_3860.JPG

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #42  
Hello Peter,
No this is not a simple job. It is a lot of work, but it is do able. I also had my backhoe still on and had to remove.
The small hydraulic pump up on top splines are worn and will stop pumping hydraulic fluid, the lift power for steering and bucket. You will need to remove the transmission because the original gear housing is worn too, you will need replace both the pump which has longer splines with a new inner gear, to replace the transmission need to need split. I also lost my drive power at the same time, the shaft splines on the hydrostatic shaft worn into the gear in the transmission, I had a double problem. the hydro shaft was worn but the spline in the gear looked ok, But I was this deep, so I replaced the gear and the bearing for this gear. I have attached a few picture. of the old pump, the gear the pump goes into, they hydro shaft and the transmission out and the last picture of the transmission out of the tractor, the complete back end of the tractor need to be apart and the transmission slide out the back between the the rails. it might be possible to just install the new pump, their might be some spline left in the gear, but this is only a band aid, I would repair it correctly, take lots of pictures, this will help it go back together, good luck. if you have any other questions, please ask. I don't have instructions,
but I can e-mail you through it. it is a lot of removal of everything, you will see my picture of the tractor stripped.View attachment 673155
View attachment 673151View attachment 673153View attachment 673154View attachment 673152

Thanks so much for your reply. Your pictures are great. I just got started a bit ago dismantling to get down to the pump. I致e been taking short videos as I progress to help some other poor sole, I will post them on YouTube when I知 done. And yes it痴 is a big job just removing parts to remove the pump.
I致e added a couple pictures just to see if I知 on the right track. I am removing the main control valve off the top of the pump first as I can稚 see any other way but to remove the connections off the top and bottom of the pump first so I can get at the 4 bolts holding on the pump. Just wondering if you found an easier way.
There isn稚 much room to work and the pipe connections on the side of the valve are hard to get at. And the darn roll pin seems to be really stuck. See picture with arrows. I removed the connection on top of the valve that feed the front bucket etc.
My hoe is still on too my I haven稚 taken it off yet. Could me fun.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Peter. IMG-1059.jpgIMG-1058.jpg

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #43  
Thanks so much for your reply. Your pictures are great. I just got started a bit ago dismantling to get down to the pump. I致e been taking short videos as I progress to help some other poor sole, I will post them on YouTube when I知 done. And yes it痴 is a big job just removing parts to remove the pump.
I致e added a couple pictures just to see if I知 on the right track. I am removing the main control valve off the top of the pump first as I can稚 see any other way but to remove the connections off the top and bottom of the pump first so I can get at the 4 bolts holding on the pump. Just wondering if you found an easier way.
There isn稚 much room to work and the pipe connections on the side of the valve are hard to get at. And the darn roll pin seems to be really stuck. See picture with arrows. I removed the connection on top of the valve that feed the front bucket etc.
My hoe is still on too my I haven稚 taken it off yet. Could me fun.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Peter. View attachment 673218View attachment 673217
IMG-1059.jpg

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #44  
Added the other picture

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #45  
Added a couple pictures.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #46  
No this is not a simple job. It is a lot of work, but it is do able.

Though many have had this failure, to date only one other member has reported actually taking on this job.

Thanks for positing the info.

Any pictures, cost information, and advice on this is greatly appreciated.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #47  
The Back hoe came off easier than I thought, I used a jack and was able to get it uncoupled, that I placed dollies under and move it out of my way.
this is not much room,
are you going to remove the transmission?
if yes , than everything comes off.
when you remove the hydrostatic unit check the input shaft to the transmission for wear, if you have to replace the shaft, be careful when reassembling the hydrostatic unit, the bearing that in on an angle popped out and got pinch, damage the race and I needed a new bearing
Good Luck.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #48  
So I have the pump off my GC2310. It took me about 3-4 hours. There is about a inch of good spline in the gear and I searched the internet for several days in the evening looking for a direst replacement pump with a longer shaft.
And I found one that is 3/8 of an inch longer from Creative Resource Industries part number KP05106CSSS. Website crii.net.
The spline in the gear is about 1/2 worn but I am sure with the new shaft and the longer shaft engaging in new spline and some good lubrication it should last quite a while. It took me 15 years to get 400 hours on the machine and seeing how the rust between the old splines have kept the pump turning for god know how long I think my solution will work.
I have recorded every step of the dismantle and will post on youtube soon.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #49  
So I have the pump off my GC2310. It took me about 3-4 hours. There is about a inch of good spline in the gear and I searched the internet for several days in the evening looking for a direst replacement pump with a longer shaft.
And I found one that is 3/8 of an inch longer from Creative Resource Industries part number KP05106CSSS. Website crii.net.
The spline in the gear is about 1/2 worn but I am sure with the new shaft and the longer shaft engaging in new spline and some good lubrication it should last quite a while. It took me 15 years to get 400 hours on the machine and seeing how the rust between the old splines have kept the pump turning for god know how long I think my solution will work.
I have recorded every step of the dismantle and will post on youtube soon.

The replacement OEM pump is supposed to have a longer shaft.

/ GC2310 Wrong Pump installed #50  
The OEM pump shaft is not longer see my next post. These pictures are to new pump I purchased the shaft is 1/4 to 3/8 longer. See pictures below

Attachments

• IMG-1082.jpg
    IMG-1082.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG-1084.jpg
    IMG-1084.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG-1086.jpg
    IMG-1086.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
Last edited: