Getting an annual physical at the doctors

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #271  
Did you see that the young lady just crowned as the current Miss America is also an Air Force Lieutenant and flies fighter jets?
Got her pilot license at age 16.
Graduated from the Air Force Academy with a degree in astrophysics.
Currently enrolled at Harvard working on a Master's degree....

slacker!

:ROFLMAO:

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #272  
Got her pilot license at age 16.
Graduated from the Air Force Academy with a degree in astrophysics.
Currently enrolled at Harvard working on a Master's degree....

slacker!

:ROFLMAO:

Blows me away when I see some peoples resumes and accomplishments.

That's what our country offers. Opportunity to excel in anything.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #274  
IF.... you have access to it or even know it exists. ;)
Military service is how entire communities came to be... growing up just about everyone in the new subdivision used the VA program to buy and many used it for education.

One of dad's friends was having some issues with the law...

He was before a judge and the judge said I understand the Marines are waiting for you?

The judge said judge said 6 months detention or the Marines...

Dads friend said it changed his life and made his future.

We have several RN that used military education benefits to become nurses... some while serving.

These programs still exist but fewer want the path.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors
Dads friend said it changed his life and made his future.
I have no doubt that on the many occasions that my father and son hung out together, either in the basement or driving, my dad got this across to my son (along with saving money).

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors
When I was at Camp Pendleton in the 80's, there where a few Marines that where not US Citizens, but would become Citizens when their enlistment was up. They had to serve there full 4 years honorably to become a US Citizen. Both of them where from Honduras, and from what I understood, it was a common way for people from Central America to become US Citizens.
Exact same thing in the Army in the 80's as well.

You had me curious, so I looked. Apparently this is a new program at least for the Air Force that was started last year...

Don't know if there are any ramifications if you get discharged with anything less than a honorable discharge, but I can't help but think there would be, but not certain how that could be enforced.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #277  
It's crazy how things can escalate so quickly, especially when you think someone's doing fine. Definitely a wake-up call to prioritize those check-ups, no matter how good you feel.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #278  
It's crazy how things can escalate so quickly, especially when you think someone's doing fine. Definitely a wake-up call to prioritize those check-ups, no matter how good you feel.
Most of my checkups are called Age-Related.
At 88 what more Health can be done?
Don't smoke, Don't Drink, and chasing Women have lost the desire.
Remember when my Doctor and his staff were fresh out of training and starting his Practice Now most have retired including the Dr. making plans to do so.
Bro-in-law,29 years younger now gets in a truck drives a while forgets where home is has a cell punch button family knows where to get him help. Not safe to drive but how to get him to know. country living does have its advantages.
get to the side of the road when see him coming. The sheriff is too busy playing cards to help,
Whatever is hurting is Usually called a pain, instead of cancer
TBN is always good reading when can't sleep.
Ken

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #279  
True story this morning..
So I see two doctors and my wife sees a couple doctors, I stated to her that my doctor wants me to lose 20 pounds, she then asked which doctor?
I replied no , she’s a regular MD.