Getting an annual physical at the doctors

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #263  
   / Getting an annual physical at the doctors #264  
I don't think it matters as much now, since most people are embalmed or cremated.
Wow. I’d never heard of this and looked it up. It’s a thing.
I'm reminded of this MASH scene...

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #265  
Then there is the tradition/story of The Last Stitch. When a sailor died at sea, they were wrapped up in their hammock with a cannon ball or two at their feet, they body was then sewed up in the hammock with the last stitch through the nose. That stich was supposed to ensure the person was dead, since a needle through the nose would surely wake the dead.

Some say this did not happen, other's say it did. 🤷‍♂️

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors
Years ago, guessing close to ten, a B17 flew into a local airport so I went to see it. I wish I had seen the plane was visiting earlier than I did so I could have gotten a ride on the plane. :D

It was amazing enough just getting into the plane and look at the different spaces of the plane.
2005 at the Winston Salem Airport.

Bought the ride for my father as a early Christmas present when he came down to visit.

Being he spent a career in the Air Force, he absolutely loved it.

DAD.png
DAD1.png

Was down at Lackland AFB in Texas last week for my sons graduation from basic from the Air Force. Around the graduation field, they have a wide display of airplanes throughout the century which is actually pretty impressive. Completely forgot about the P82 Mustang.

Off topic, apologies. That said, like I said, dad died last year at age 90 and he smoked for 20 years giving it up in 1974 after he got out. They still listed smoking as a contributing factor to his death on his death certificate. As mentioned, seems you HAVE to have a reason to die other than old age now a days (back on topic ;) ).

Last edited:
   / Getting an annual physical at the doctors #267  
Was down at Lackland AFB in Texas last week for my sons graduation from basic from the Air Force.

Did you see that the young lady just crowned as the current Miss America is also an Air Force Lieutenant and flies fighter jets?

Did you see that the young lady just crowned as the current Miss America is also an Air Force Lieutenant and flies fighter jets?
No, but something even more impressive IMO.

All the Airmen standing in front of the formation not only graduated from basic, but ALSO received their US citizenship papers.

A guy that was in my son’s flight was in that line, and he said the amount of work he put in on top of what everyone had to do was amazing. You not only have to do with everyone else does, but you also have to study for your citizenship papers and pass a test on that as well.

For myself, I found that more than inspiring vs a hot looking chick with brains😉

IMG_4991.jpeg

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #269  
I didn't know that there was a program to become a citizen while in Basic Training. Is that what it's called in the Air Force? We called it Boot Camp in the Marines and I get confused what the other branches do.

When I was at Camp Pendleton in the 80's, there where a few Marines that where not US Citizens, but would become Citizens when their enlistment was up. They had to serve there full 4 years honorably to become a US Citizen. Both of them where from Honduras, and from what I understood, it was a common way for people from Central America to become US Citizens.

I didn't know that there was a program to become a citizen while in Basic Training. Is that what it's called in the Air Force? We called it Boot Camp in the Marines and I get confused what the other branches do.
AF=BMT Basic Military Training

Honestly, I can’t lie. I don’t understand how the Air Force does anything.

They don’t even use the term MOS for classifications of jobs.

My son didn’t even have a MOS until the end of BMT which boggled my mind.

Military ID cards are now more like chip cards with his picture on it along with a barcode. When we brought him back base after he had a town pass, they scan his card with a bar code reader to allow us back on base.

I’m not certain how different the AF does it vs the other branches “in todays times”.

I did laugh when my son told me he understands and gets why the other branches pick on the Air Force being “military”, but now they have the space force to pick on LOL