Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #1  

addisu

Tractor
Kubota TLB L45
Is there any attachment or bucket size I should get like a Must HAVE? How about the tire should i get it foam filled? Please Help

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #2  
What do you want to do with the bucket? If you're just going to dig trenches for pipe, 12" should be fine. If you're digging foundations for custom homes, bigger is better.

Do you think flats are going to be an issue? I believe foam is expensive compared to other tire fill proceedures. Are you just looking for weight?

You'll find people here far more willing to spend your money if you give us an idea of your intended uses.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #3  
I have a Kubota B21. I use a 16" bucket, honestly I have never wished for a smaller one, even for trenching, but thats just me. I always felt that a smaller one is harder to "clear" at least in my soil (mostly clay). I have my rear tires loaded even with backhoe on (methanol). As mentioned above if tire punctures are your worry, foam is the solution, however just for weight other things (rim guard, methanol, calcium etc) are fine. My experience has been good with the methanol, I do notice and appreciate the added weight.

I am not familiar with the size of an L46 i assume its grey market or you mean L48? If its an L48 I would get a 16 or 18" bucket maybe 24 if you need to move alot of dirt.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #4  
Addisu,

How do you like the L45. I was at the dealer yesterday and Im torn between the 45 and 59.

My concern is the 45 wont pull out stumps, even though that will not be is primary purpose.

I have a woodstove and im going to be doing some tree cutting, log moving, stump pulling and plowing.

Whats your recommendation??

Thanks

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #5  
Addisu,

How do you like the L45. I was at the dealer yesterday and Im torn between the 45 and 59.

My concern is the 45 wont pull out stumps, even though that will not be is primary purpose.

I have a woodstove and im going to be doing some tree cutting, log moving, stump pulling and plowing.

Thanks

M59 all the way - with a thumb if you can manage the extra cost.

I have an L48 and it is on the edge of usefulness for the jobs you are doing.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #6  
Addisu,

M59, no question.

If you even think the l45 is a bit light for the task, it probably is.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #7  
jdonovan, Hi

I have a L45 and love it!! It is just the right size for most of the jobs I do. And it is still very easy to transport around. If you are not in the need of a full size back hoe. I think the L45 would suit you well.

The M59 is just about the size of a full size tractor you just have to look at your needs . But let me say this the L45 will dig stumps with no problems. You are not going to rip them up 1,2,3 but you won't do that with a full size hoe either. Time and practice. Here are a few pic's of mine in action!!

Attachments

• 1%20(Small).JPG
    1%20(Small).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 354
  • 3%20(Small).JPG
    3%20(Small).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 7%20(Small).JPG
    7%20(Small).JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Stump%202.JPG
    Stump%202.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 513
  • Stump%204.JPG
    Stump%204.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 526
   / Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #8  
I have an L39 (predecessor to the L45) with 12 and 24 inch buckets. I have dug numerous stumps and I think the L39 handled it just fine. Obviously an L59 would be faster, but the L39 got the job done. The narrow, 12" bucket helps with breaking roots. I also have a mechanical thumb which is very handy.

One of the issues I had with the L48 or L59 was the physical size. I have trouble enough maneuvering the L39 through the narrow trails in my woods. It is also much easier to transport with a 3/4 ton pickup.

I have the rears loaded with Rim Guard which helps when using the tractor with 3 point attachments.

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #9  
ok. Thanks for the updates guy!! Anymore info would be great!! on opinions of one over the other

/ Getting Kubota TLB L46. Need some help #10  
jdonovan, Hi
The M59 is just about the size of a full size tractor you just have to look at your needs . But let me say this the L45 will dig stumps with no problems. You are not going to rip them up 1,2,3 but you won't do that with a full size hoe either. Time and practice. Here are a few pic's of mine in action!!

I've got fairly big needs and thats why I'm adding the 59 to my stable. The fly in my ointment was the inability to secure equipment at the new property, so I have to be able to haul it home at the end of the weekend with a non-cdl truck/trailer. That meant the M59 was about as big as I could go.

I really would have preferred a 10-15T class excavator, and a skip-loader or tracked skid steer, but with only one operator the multi-machine plan was less interesting. Also the need to haul them really put the multi-machine plan down.