Getting ready to change out bush hog blades on 3210

/ Getting ready to change out bush hog blades on 3210
Mine came off quite readily with the use of a DeWalt impact wrench and an appropriate (1 11/16"?) socket. It was a nice surprise.

I have an impact wrench.. I guess Ill try that before I use the smoke wrench...
I have only owned the bushhog for about 9 months.. I don’t know the blades history. My guess is they are original... It would be a very big surprise if they came off with ease,..

Since you are replacing the bolts and the blades at the same time, I don't see any problem with cutting them off with a torch. They can be a real pain to unscrew, especially if you don't have a big impact wrench. If I remember correctly, I think that they are supposed to be torqued to 300 pounds or something extreme like that.

I lift mine and put it on blocks when changing my blades. When I replaced my gear box, I had to remove the stump jumper, so I picked up the mower and set it on its side and strapped it to my backhoe so it wouldn't fall over on me.

Mike, one of the guys that used to be on here made the mistake of lifting his zero turn mower with his loader to change his blades, and while under it, a chain slipped and it fell on him, killing him. Never work under a mower unless it's resting on blocks.

Yes sir.. I think it’s 400 ft/lbs torque.. How many ”thrups” is that with an impact? lol

Well got it done... I had to heat the nuts with torch to red hot to get it to budge.. Once nuts were removed, then placed a jack under the blade bars before I pounded on the bolts.. Some took a pretty good sledge and torch persuading.. So I thought I was on the down hill side but the new bolts would not go into the blade bar. After some cussing, I compared the new bolts with old and the key slot was a bit different.. Very little but I guess enough.... I had purchased the bolts on Amazon that had the actual part number. Needless to say there headed back... So ran 30 miles to dealership and bought “bushhog” bolts. Also talked to service mgr and he said to clean the blade bar bore with small grinding stone on a die grinder and also take the paint off the bolts with wire wheel. That was the trick.. New Bolts went in with no problems..

Well got it done... I had to heat the nuts with torch to red hot to get it to budge.. Once nuts were removed, then placed a jack under the blade bars before I pounded on the bolts.. Some took a pretty good sledge and torch persuading.. So I thought I was on the down hill side but the new bolts would not go into the blade bar. After some cussing, I compared the new bolts with old and the key slot was a bit different.. Very little but I guess enough.... I had purchased the bolts on Amazon that had the actual part number. Needless to say there headed back... So ran 30 miles to dealership and bought 澱ushhog bolts. Also talked to service mgr and he said to clean the blade bar bore with small grinding stone on a die grinder and also take the paint off the bolts with wire wheel. That was the trick.. New Bolts went in with no problems..

Pics of blade bar

Attachments

• 25003E3F-F6FC-4D5E-AE44-EB207D798C0F.jpeg
    25003E3F-F6FC-4D5E-AE44-EB207D798C0F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 73
And my vibration is gone."... yee haw