Global Warming News

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming News #41  
Ken45101; my point is population compared to natural resource, our ancestor had much more freedom and natural resources. The timber logs of yesteryear were double in size compared to todays. I can take folks up our road and show what is being clear cut, some of it isn't even 8" around at the base. They log an area and are back in 10 years, all this is done without reforesting :( . I know there are companys that practice good forestry habbits, but they are few and far between especially in this area. I also remember those old gas comercials, they were money makers, some things never change :(

I don't give a ratz bum if I sound like a hippy mushroom head or any other names folks want to call me. I cut wood and run a mill, I also try to give back what ever I take, not like walcrap or anyother corporation. I have children and hope to some day have grand children etc.... I sure don't want to be like some and leave a garbage dump full of toxic waste for them. Just because we were lied to by an entity that allways lies to us doesn't mean we should just shrug the environmental issues off.

/ Global Warming News #42  
Heck I remember when I was a little guy, we'd be out in the woods way back in. We'd be thirsty, there'd be a creek, all we'd do is bent down and take a drink. How many can still do this today????????????? Does that help show my point of view better?

/ Global Warming News #43  
Ken45101; my point is population compared to natural resource, our ancestor had much more freedom and natural resources. The timber logs of yesteryear were double in size compared to todays. I can take folks up our road and show what is being clear cut, some of it isn't even 8" around at the base. They log an area and are back in 10 years, all this is done without reforesting :( . I know there are companys that practice good forestry habbits, but they are few and far between especially in this area. I also remember those old gas comercials, they were money makers, some things never change :(

I don't give a ratz bum if I sound like a hippy mushroom head or any other names folks want to call me. I cut wood and run a mill, I also try to give back what ever I take, not like walcrap or anyother corporation. I have children and hope to some day have grand children etc.... I sure don't want to be like some and leave a garbage dump full of toxic waste for them. Just because we were lied to by an entity that allways lies to us doesn't mean we should just shrug the environmental issues off.

I am not shrugging off the real issues but lets not bankrupt this nation based on corrupt science and its promulgators. Let's put our efforts where we will make a real difference. It is the corrupt science that is the most immediate threat, that and our corrupt Congress. After that, we can maybe make a real difference.

Vernon

/ Global Warming News #44  
I am not shrugging off the real issues but lets not bankrupt this nation based on corrupt science and its promulgators. Let's put our efforts where we will make a real difference. It is the corrupt science that is the most immediate threat, that and our corrupt Congress. After that, we can maybe make a real difference.

Vernon

I completely agree, but we do not have to spend to help, infact just the opposite. Some where, we as a nation have lost the ability to be responsible. In order for anything to happen we have to have some one holding our hand or telling us what to do. Could you imagine where we'd be if our ancestors thought this way? Take 9-11 for example how many folks freakout and bought duct tabe and plastic? How many bought into the fear of the colors? How many advertisements are out there right now that use fear to sell an idea? Global warming could be an issue but most people wouldn't pay attention unless it was sold to them. Like I said before I'm just as mad about being lied to as the other guy, but what's new. We need to take anything that the government shoves down our throat with a grain of salt, 9 times out of 10 it's just another way to feed the fat cats more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Now lets get to the real bottom of this story was it a scientist that sold us a bunch of crap or was it big brother. Easier to blame the small guy, don't ya think? Funny how things get backing{$$$} until the going gets rough. I probably should stop before the black SUV comes down the drive

/ Global Warming News #45  
Climate Change, we used to call it weather! That was before the Kool Aid Drinkers found a new reason to hate the rest of us that are normal.
I wonder how they did aerial surveys in the 1600's to count the trees?

Stim...I take it you live on a house boat....:D:D:D:D:D

/ Global Warming News #46  
I did look up forest land compared to 1600 and today. There was 1billion acres of forest in the US, now there is 700million acres. The biggest loss is on the eastern coast. Now this does not seem to be much loss, but take population into account. In 1600 there would have been 50+acres of forest for every person, compared to today at only 2.3 acres for each person. This only cover the US I can only imagine where the rest of the world stands, england would be a good example or india or japan or......... 50 acres could build some nice homes, 2.3 acres would not be enough for a garage. Of course luckily we have other building materials at hand, but at what cost?

Gee, I would really like to see those satellite pictures from 1600 that show the 1billion acres of forest. :rolleyes:

/ Global Warming News #47  
I agree with Vernon.

The timber logs of yesteryear were double in size compared to todays. I can take folks up our road and show what is being clear cut, some of it isn't even 8" around at the base.

Just because they are cutting trees earlier isn't a sign of bad ecological practice. In fact, a mature "climax forest" is less critter friendly than a young forest. Typically where they clear cut a forest and let it regenerate (naturally or with help), it's heaven for wildlife with much more wildlife than a forest with 36" trees.

Browsing creatures (deer, moose, elk) cannot live in a mature forest. OTOH, young seedlings and saplings are a wonderful environment for them.

Ken

/ Global Warming News #48  
I'm one of the skeptics of the science as well. But I've always wondered though, What if Al Gore is right?

I'm a winter enthusiast. Crazy as it may seem, it's my favorite season. So the warmer winters we've experienced in Minnesota have concerned me but I also remember some warm snow-free winters in the 1960s that went along with the rough ones as well. So its hard to know with a planet billions and billions of year old exactly what is normal.

As one who actually enjoys winter, I am in the minority. Most of the people I work with hate living in Minnesota from November 1 to about April 15. But many of these same folks are "green" and are doing what they can to save the planet. I too support treating old earth better than we have.

But I've often thought, what if Al Gore is right. More importantly, what if we did exactly what Al wants us to do and about 20 years from now the planet starts to cool significantly. Imagine cold waves that hit Europe and the United states were hundred or thousands of people die due to the cold. Imagine if the growing season is shortened due to the cooling and food supplies are drastically reduced. What if another little ice age could actually be attributed the carbon dioxide reduction caused by what the world population did between 2000 and 2020.

My friends, Al Gore might not be around to experience the ramifications but I'm sure some of the other alarmists will be. I can gurantee you that with the exception of handful of winter enthusiasts like me, the move to spew carbon into the atmosphere would be incredible. The greenest of the green people would be burning garbage in the back yard trying to reverse the effects of global cooling. No one, I repeat one, except me, wants a cold planet.

As one who lives in the upper midwest where weather forcasters ability to accurately predict weather 5 days from now is no better than a flip of a coin, you darn right I'm a skeptic.

3-5" of snow today and 15-20 below zero tomorrow night is just what I like. But if global cooling brings back the winters I experienced back in the 1960s, and its related to carbon reduction, God help the alarmists. Bounty hunters will again have work.

/ Global Warming News #49  
Well, Sheik Al-gore was right afterall, and his efforts worked. Global warming has been solved! No more worrying about global warming anymore. Sheik Al-gore did a great job of saving the planet! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

/ Global Warming News #50  
Why else would someone live in Minnesota? I thought it was so that one could have a real winter. After all, as soon as the snow melts, the vicious bugs come out!

The scenario you mentioned reminds me of a fiction book I read many years ago. The jet stream came down to low altitude and the northern portion of the country became uninhabitable. It snowed winter and summer. Army convoys were needed to evacuate everyone to the Gulf Coast. A few years later, dog sled teams explored Chicago....only the tops of the tallest sky scrapers were sticking out of the snow ;-)

Well, Sheik Al-gore was right afterall, and his efforts worked. Global warming has been solved! No more worrying about global warming anymore. Sheik Al-gore did a great job of saving the planet!

Obviously the Gore types know "global warming" is phony, that's why they have changed the name to "climate change". Of course, the climate is always changing!:eek: ("Those that fail to learn from history are destined to repeat it." LOL)

Ken

I'm one of the skeptics of the science as well. But I've always wondered though, What if Al Gore is right?

I'm a winter enthusiast. Crazy as it may seem, it's my favorite season. So the warmer winters we've experienced in Minnesota have concerned me but I also remember some warm snow-free winters in the 1960s that went along with the rough ones as well. So its hard to know with a planet billions and billions of year old exactly what is normal.

As one who actually enjoys winter, I am in the minority. Most of the people I work with hate living in Minnesota from November 1 to about April 15. But many of these same folks are "green" and are doing what they can to save the planet. I too support treating old earth better than we have.

But I've often thought, what if Al Gore is right. More importantly, what if we did exactly what Al wants us to do and about 20 years from now the planet starts to cool significantly. Imagine cold waves that hit Europe and the United states were hundred or thousands of people die due to the cold. Imagine if the growing season is shortened due to the cooling and food supplies are drastically reduced. What if another little ice age could actually be attributed the carbon dioxide reduction caused by what the world population did between 2000 and 2020.

My friends, Al Gore might not be around to experience the ramifications but I'm sure some of the other alarmists will be. I can gurantee you that with the exception of handful of winter enthusiasts like me, the move to spew carbon into the atmosphere would be incredible. The greenest of the green people would be burning garbage in the back yard trying to reverse the effects of global cooling. No one, I repeat one, except me, wants a cold planet.

As one who lives in the upper midwest where weather forcasters ability to accurately predict weather 5 days from now is no better than a flip of a coin, you darn right I'm a skeptic.

3-5" of snow today and 15-20 below zero tomorrow night is just what I like. But if global cooling brings back the winters I experienced back in the 1960s, and its related to carbon reduction, God help the alarmists. Bounty hunters will again have work.

Status
Not open for further replies.