GMC Zerk Question

/ GMC Zerk Question #11  
It's a grease fitting, pump grease in until you're happy that the joint is greased and then if some squirts back out then that's okay. I've got plenty on my tractor that do this. What bothers you about it? The grease mess from the squirt? Do you expect the pressure to remain inside the ball joint? Worried about dirt getting into the zerk?

/ GMC Zerk Question
It's a grease fitting, pump grease in until you're happy that the joint is greased and then if some squirts back out then that's okay. I've got plenty on my tractor that do this. What bothers you about it? The grease mess from the squirt? Do you expect the pressure to remain inside the ball joint? Worried about dirt getting into the zerk?

Not worried about any of that...The grease just keeps squirting out...Was still oozing out 25 minutes later. i didn't overload the joint either...unless some sort of unholy vacuum was created. Seems to me all of the grease came back out.

I've been restoring cars for 20 years and never have seen this...Trouble getting the grease in, yes. Grease coming back out like that, never.

No only that, it's an upper ball joint, so once the heat gets to the surface grease, its everywhere. Don't want it to end up on the rotors or pads.