GM's Windshield washer recall

/ GM's Windshield washer recall #11  
Hey if its no good, its no good. GM is doing the right thing not putting in something that will just cause more problems but they still should have to find a supplier that can make one that is safe or build it themselves. They are or were a freaking world class manufacture so they should be able to make a fix for a small accessory.

But that still would not let them off the hook in my eyes. I would want the vehicle brought back to the same specs as it was when I took delivery of it as long as its under warranty.

Chris

/ GM's Windshield washer recall
   / GM's Windshield washer recall #14  
If that is the case tell your dealer to order it and install it in lue of the $100 credit. Seems simple enough to me. I am sure they will not due to all the red tape.

If enough people complain and the lawyers get involved it will get fixed right. The shame is I do not like dealing with lawyers but when I have it came out in my favor. 2 times with GM in the late 90's.

Chris

/ GM's Windshield washer recall #15  
There's a youtube video that shows one apart. Any good EE can come up with a fix for this. The biggest issue is GM blames the manufacture and vice versa. I talked with the manufacture yesterday and was told it was redesigned and guarantee'd. Here's a link:AlphaTherm Heated Wash AT-37GM is direct replacement for ALL factory installed General Motors 敵M heated washer fluid modules

Matt
From your links site:
The original supplier of the heated wash for GM was Microheat. Microheat produced a 3rd generation heated wash that
GM installed on 77,000 vehicles. This 3rd generation design was the basis for AlphaTherm's AT-37GM. This week, a
news paper article quoted GM spokesman Alan Adler, that GM found no cases of failure in those specific units"

From the site I linked to:
But GM installed a later-generation HotShot module that was designed by Microheat to handle higher-voltage currents on about 77,000 vehicles.

GM found no cases of failure in those specific units but said it found other cases of melting and saw the potential for fires caused by another part within the HotShot module. That finding prompted the June 8 recall of 1.5 million vehicles.

AT is playing fast and loose with its quotes. So while it may not have caused a fire in the new units, the potential is still there.

/ GM's Windshield washer recall #16  
does anyone know where the class action suit is? where the web link to the attorney is?