Going from John Deere to Kioti

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I have owned John Deere compacts since 1999. I have owned large & small compacts. I have been happy with all but one of them. I had a lemon 2720 a few years ago. I currently have a John Deere Classic 2025R, with a H130 loader & 62" mower deck.
I am looking to up size. I need a loader that has more lift. I do not need a mower deck. I am looking at a CK3510SE HST. I drove one today & was very impressed with how smooth the loader operated & how easy it was to feather the loader & bucket.
I am also impressed with the specs of the tractor & loader when compared to John Deere tractors in the same price range. My Kioti dealer is a large Case/IH dealer. They have been selling Kioti for many years. I with I had looked at them sooner. I thought that John Deere was the only company that had separate hydro pedals.

One thing that has always bothered me with all of the John Deere tractors I have owned is that the loaders all settle weather the tractor is running or not. This happens over the course of a few minutes. The bucket & mower deck will also settle. IF I am using the forks, I have to be sure lower them to the ground. If I do not, they will settle & dump what is on them off. The same goes when using the bucket.

Do the Kioti loaders do the same thing?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #2  
The Kioti Loader will settle but more slowly than your Deere Loaders.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #3  
What do you mean by settle? I owned a John Deere 850, 4wd with a loader since it was new off the lot. In 2016 I traded it in on a Kioti Ck2610 HST. I've never experienced any drop on the arms or curl in either machine, running or not.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #4  
Yep, the hydraulics will leak off. It is compounded with forks on due to the leverage. I raise the arms all the way and put an angle iron on the cylinder when parking so it can't lower. The bucket is curled all the way back so gravity keeps it curled. One of the new features coming out on compact tractors (Ask Tractor Mike - youtube) is self-leveling FEL's - now that would be a really nice feature, especially when using forks, not to mention safety!

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #5  
Yep, the hydraulics will leak off. It is compounded with forks on due to the leverage. I raise the arms all the way and put an angle iron on the cylinder when parking so it can't lower.[snip]

Frosty, whenever you park it? :confused: Or just when you have the FEL up to work beneath it?

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #6  
My FEL will leak down but it takes days. If the tractor is running I have never noticed it leaking down. The three point has never leaked down. So far I'm a very happy Kioti owner. 4 years old with about 500 hours.

My loader is "self leveling".

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #7  
I have owned John Deere compacts since 1999. I have owned large & small compacts. I have been happy with all but one of them. I had a lemon 2720 a few years ago. I currently have a John Deere Classic 2025R, with a H130 loader & 62" mower deck.
I am looking to up size. I need a loader that has more lift. I do not need a mower deck. I am looking at a CK3510SE HST. I drove one today & was very impressed with how smooth the loader operated & how easy it was to feather the loader & bucket.
I am also impressed with the specs of the tractor & loader when compared to John Deere tractors in the same price range. My Kioti dealer is a large Case/IH dealer. They have been selling Kioti for many years. I with I had looked at them sooner. I thought that John Deere was the only company that had separate hydro pedals.

One thing that has always bothered me with all of the John Deere tractors I have owned is that the loaders all settle weather the tractor is running or not. This happens over the course of a few minutes. The bucket & mower deck will also settle. IF I am using the forks, I have to be sure lower them to the ground. If I do not, they will settle & dump what is on them off. The same goes when using the bucket.

Do the Kioti loaders do the same thing?

Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

I left my loader up for 3 weeks and it only moved a inch or so.

The remotes leak down fast though.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #8  

Kioti seems to make a nice machine. They were my second choice when I bought my Mahindra. Mahindra also has side by side HST pedals.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #9  
The loader on my ck4010 se settles a few inches if left extended to near full travel overnight. I don’t notice it in use, though.

My previous Deere skid steer never noticeably settled in the ten years I owned it, but the ergonomics of a skid steer make entry and exit cumbersome if the loader is left elevated.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti
Thanks to everyone for the information. The Kioti salesman stopped by last evening to look at my trade in. I hope to get final numbers today or tomorrow.
It has been 2 weeks since I first stopped in at John Deere & asked for a price on a tractor. I also stopped in a couple of days later. I still do not have anything from them. They are making this switch easy.

I would have considered Mahindra, but the closest Mahindra dealer to me is over 50 miles.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Unused 2024 20ft Driveway Electric Double Swing (A33079)
Unused 2024 20ft...
Grapple Boom (A32932)
Grapple Boom (A32932)
1963 John Deere 4010 Tractor (A33041)
1963 John Deere...
Bushhog M446 Front-End Loader (A33041)
Bushhog M446...
Massey Ferguson 1652 4x4 w/Ldr (A34009)
Massey Ferguson...
John Deere 40T w/2 row cultivator (A34236)
John Deere 40T w/2...