Going from John Deere to Kioti

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti
There is a good Kioti dealer here as well. The video I did with the CS3510 was at that dealer.

Why resale is not a factor in purchase price?

Resale value gives you options. Sure you can hold the tractor for the rest of your life, but what if something changes?
What if you want a larger tractor?
What if you move to more acreage?
Or you just want a new one for no good reason? :)

Or the opposite, what if you decide to downsize when you get older?
Physical/medical issues prevent you from using the tractor?

My thinking here really has nothing to do with Kioti...sorry. Just a general thought of resale value when purchasing.
We think the same way when buying vehicles. Some styles (pickups) and brands (...) resell much better than others. This makes it much easier to trade at some point in the future.

Now, back to Kioti. They are less expensive new than the ‘big two’, so obviously they would have lower resale value...but that isn’t necessarily bad. The question is what is the total cost to own over say a 5 yr period? Even with lower resale, the total outlay might be lower with the Kioti. I dunno.

This kind of thinking fascinates me. . Sorry for the long post!

Tim, I cannot remember taking resale value into consideration of anything I have purchased, except toy tractors when I was actively collecting them.

I have up sized & down sized several times over the years as conditions changed. I downsized 3 years ago, on the thought that I am getting older. Had I known that arthritis was going to take toll on me that it has, since then, I would not have down sized as far as I did. The small operators station & lack of loader lift of my current tractor is just not working the way it did several years ago when I owned the identical tractor, only it had a different model number.

The ergonomics of the operators station & loader specs on the Kioti CK3510SE, fit my current conditions very well.

The deal is done. The tractor will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Thank you Tim for all of the help your videos have given me & all of the other viewers. It is greatly appreciated

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #22  
an inch an hour is a normal 'settle' rate for a loader.

When running they should sit still...afaik my kioti (2018 ck3510hst) does.

The 3pt will settle after a day or 2 parked. I always put the loader down when parking since i know it will sink.

As for lift capablity - the REAL WORLD lift capacity w/ loaded tires and no implement is about 1000lbs on forks. The back end will come up at 1100 lbs no question. Not an issue with the bucket as even a heaping load of anything isn't that heavy.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #23  
resale...

How long do you keep it? Where/how do you sell it? Condition as well will factor into this equation.

A Deere or Kubota will be easier to sell - name recognition, more dealers, etc. BUT you pay more up front for that as well.

If you keep it 20 years it won't matter much. You put 5,000 hours on it, it won't matter much. they'll all be worth the same.

Trade it in at the same dealer for the same brand..worth mroe than say, trying to trade it in at a competing dealer. Deere on a deere vs say, an RK or LS on a deere. The dealer will have a harder time sellng an 'off brand' to what they sell.

If you keep it say, 10 years and put 1500 hours on it..

OK deere is 25k, kioti 21k, new. 10 years later the deere is what, $12k? The kioti 10k? the kioti held MORE value (as a percentage of sales price).

When you sell it (time of year) can have a bigger impact on what you get for it used than the brand IMO. Or condition (low hours, stored inside) or options perhaps, etc, than the brand name.

My Kioti will be 5 years old in December. I have used it on a farm setting. The only money I've spent on it is fluid changes/grease per owners manual. Everything just works!

I dug my leach line up with the FEL. 3' deep on one end 7' deep on the other end 60' long. Moving dirt around. Lots of post hole digger work. Lots of haying/seeding type work. Currently I have mountains of dirt (new home) that need to be spread/leveled out. As soon as I can (it's muddy) I'll get it all leveled.

Now I know any tractor can do the things I've mentioned. The question is; can they do it for the money I spent on my Kioti?

Couple work pics.

View attachment 600138View attachment 600139View attachment 600140View attachment 600141

Thank you for the post.

prof fate, thank you for the information.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #26  
resale...

How long do you keep it? Where/how do you sell it? Condition as well will factor into this equation.

A Deere or Kubota will be easier to sell - name recognition, more dealers, etc. BUT you pay more up front for that as well.

If you keep it 20 years it won't matter much. You put 5,000 hours on it, it won't matter much. they'll all be worth the same.

Trade it in at the same dealer for the same brand..worth mroe than say, trying to trade it in at a competing dealer. Deere on a deere vs say, an RK or LS on a deere. The dealer will have a harder time sellng an 'off brand' to what they sell.

If you keep it say, 10 years and put 1500 hours on it..

OK deere is 25k, kioti 21k, new. 10 years later the deere is what, $12k? The kioti 10k? the kioti held MORE value (as a percentage of sales price).

When you sell it (time of year) can have a bigger impact on what you get for it used than the brand IMO. Or condition (low hours, stored inside) or options perhaps, etc, than the brand name.

Using your numbers for argument sake

What makes someone think I would pay 2000. More for the used JD when I could find a perfectly good Kioti for 2000. Less. My offer for that JD would now just like most be the same as anything else on the market 2000 less than the seller expects.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #27  
I think you will enjoy the new tractor. I've considered the Kioti CK series myself. Resale wouldn't bother me much. Like your dealer, mine has been selling Kioti for a long time so the Kioti brand is known in the area. That helps resale. More important is that you bought the tractor you liked. Have fun breaking it in.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #28  
The loader on my ck4010 se settles a few inches if left extended to near full travel overnight. I don稚 notice it in use, though.

My previous Deere skid steer never noticeably settled in the ten years I owned it, but the ergonomics of a skid steer make entry and exit cumbersome if the loader is left elevated.

Warmer winter people. Both loader lift cyclinders needed to be rebuilt on my Kioti before 600 hours because I use my loader when it is stupid cold, a thing I cannot avoid doing in living in the nations icebox.

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #29  
Tim, I cannot remember taking resale value into consideration of anything I have purchased, except toy tractors when I was actively collecting them.

I have up sized & down sized several times over the years as conditions changed. I downsized 3 years ago, on the thought that I am getting older. Had I known that arthritis was going to take toll on me that it has, since then, I would not have down sized as far as I did. The small operators station & lack of loader lift of my current tractor is just not working the way it did several years ago when I owned the identical tractor, only it had a different model number.

The ergonomics of the operators station & loader specs on the Kioti CK3510SE, fit my current conditions very well.

The deal is done. The tractor will be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

Thank you Tim for all of the help your videos have given me & all of the other viewers. It is greatly appreciated

WooHoo! Congratulations!

The CK3510SE was my choice from the Kioti lineup as well. I like compact frame size. Lots of advanced features too!

/ Going from John Deere to Kioti #30  
point being kioti will be cheaper new and cheaper used, apples to apples, to deere or kubota.

I'm not saying the Kubota or Deere are WORTH more, just that people will ASK for more when selling them - cause they paid more when buying them.

Also, there is more name recognition, more dealers I assume as well, so that buyers will tend to choose used deere or kubota over less known brands - just as they do on new ones - if price/value was THE thing then kioti would be #1 in sales, not kubota!

Using your numbers for argument sake

What makes someone think I would pay 2000. More for the used JD when I could find a perfectly good Kioti for 2000. Less. My offer for that JD would now just like most be the same as anything else on the market 2000 less than the seller expects.