Good Dealers?

/ Good Dealers? #11  
Dan from Creek County Equipment in OK. Handles Zetor and a couple others. Treated me right on a C47L

/ Good Dealers? #12  
Nick ... you're analogy needs some clearing up. '

If you'll allow me ...

The rift is not between the amateur/hobbyist or hobby farmer vs. the farmer friendly family owned dealer ....

.... rather, today's CUT market pits the professional contractor/landscaper buying dollars against the hobbyist or farmers at dealers that have all but lost their agricultural clientele, usually due to sprawl and farmland sold for developments.

My experience with dealers tells me that the hobby farmers/residential clients (or amateurs as you call them) stand to realize a much fairer shake at an agriculture busy farm shop than at one who does a high volume catering to contractor/landscapers.

At least that's the way it is here in the NE.

/ Good Dealers? #13  
DAP,
Having never seen examples of the rift, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. I was only trying to address that issue in this "good dealer" string after reading so much of it in the "bad dealer" strings. You know "The polka-dotted tractor dealer just ignored me, so I went back to the plaid dealer" story? I completely agreed that more positive examples needed to be shared, just shouldn't have tried to explain a problem I didn't understand.

Also, I only meant "amateur" in terms of the lack of profits. Alas, the poor word no longer evokes a sense of innocent, youthful enthusiasm and love of sport. As for my own tractoring skills, they are most certainly amateur, and I don't mean that in a good way!

/ Good Dealers? #14  
DAP,

My experience agrees with your evaluation. Local Kubota dealer focuses on Landscapers and I didn't have much luck. Bought my NH from a very large Ag shop and have been very pleased with the service.

Earley Tractor in Cameron, MO. Ask for Dan Earley (one of the son's)

/ Good Dealers? #15  
Great idea John, I'm in the process of buying my second tractor from Springer's Inc., Richfield Springs, NY. Mainly an Ag dealer, the owner is a very likeable guy. Easy to talk to and get to know. Good service and parts dept. If any of you happen through Otsego County in central NY., stop there and say hi to Ross and this staff. Good hard working country folks.

/ Good Dealers? #16  
Somehow I missed this thread. I bought mine from R&S Equipment Repair in Pineville. I dealt with Frank. They are honest and try hard and they gave me a good deal - they're a bit disorganized, but I have every confidence that if I had real problem (unlikely /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) they would (and could) suport me.

/ Good Dealers?
I appreciate all these good replys, and I think many people will be able to look at these and find someone close to them. Please try to only include dealers from whom you've bought your tractor(s) though, not ones who you talked to but didn't buy from, or ones who didn't make the mark (but do include dealers who do good service for you if different from where you purchased). There are enough "bad" dealer threads to last us for a long while! And, PLEASE, if someone posts a dealer as good, and you've had a bad time with them, please let it stand on it's own without comment. Once again, your problem can be covered in a "bad" dealer thread to be fair. Thanks and I hope this doesn't sound horrible, I just want a nice as-fair-as-possible praise thread for good dealers from members' own perspectives. John

/ Good Dealers? #18  
Just recently bought my first tractor, and like so many have said before it was an experience. After visiting al the local dealers we finally settled in with Carolina Lawn & Tractor (60 miles away) in Taylors, SC. Ned Hill, our salesman spent A LOT of time answering not only my questions, but he spent even more time with MBH making sure she understood all the operating and safety features. He didn't bat an eye when she asked where the oil filter, fuel filter, grease fittings, etc were. I'm pretty sure we could have spent less money had we squeezed the blood out of a turnip, but there pricing was very competitive from what I have seen posted here, the service and parts department were busy and professionally run, and the sales experience was worth recommending.

/ Good Dealers? #19  
OK John, here's my story. When I was in the market for a tractor I shopped local first. Got turned off by the big "3" for the same reasons as many others, the dealers didn't seem interested in selling to me. One of my neighbors had recently purchased a new Branson from Dave's Tractors here in Red Bluff. So, I went down and took a look, he handles Mahindras and Bransons. The salesman Rob, and the owner Dave were absolutely terrific. Well, the CFO (wife) said "your going to spend what on a tractor, right!". Now what? Well, I went Chinese. After some initial problems with my tractor I got the Chinese dealer to comp me a local service contract. Well that's all well and good if you can get someone to work on it. So, I told my story to Dave at Dave's Tractors and his response, "well we don't really like to work on them, but sure we'll do the work under the warranty if you need it". Wow what service and I didn't even buy anything from the guy. I have since rectified that situation, I purchased my toothbar through him, picked up a PHD and will be back for a backblade when I get more cash. Dave's Tractors in Red Bluff, great, great dealer. Oh, and he'll ship anywhere BTW.

/ Good Dealers?
Wow DFW, what a great guy you are for taking time out in your own time of sadness to sing the praises of this wonderful dealer. I hope he sees it and feels gratified that he's doing an appreciated job. John