Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,291  
I'm up early (0355) because I'm off to Denver area for training all week.

I got to see my little one yesterday, even though she had been sick all week. We had a mellow day.

I need to find a new place to live by the 18th of Oct. because my hosts start a series of holiday guest stays and need my space cleared.

Wish me luck.

Be well all.
God Bless all,
David

/ Good morning!!!! #14,292  
David have a safe trip to Denver sorry little one is sick. Well it is 63 this morning no chance of rain today high of 78. Our rainy summer has turned into a dry Fall and it looks to stay that way. The first chance of frost is not until October 10th at the earliest with this weather pattern. Allergy s are in full tilt until then I'm afraid. Good morning

/ Good morning!!!! #14,293  
Got coffee pot brewing early this morning. 54° with clouds this morning. Heading to 62° with sunny skies later today. One last trip to my mothers today. Will still have to go there in a few weeks to fire up furnace when heat is needed.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,294  
Mid 70's today, think it hit - 40 last night. Have not been following the weather, but it seems really odd this year. Catches me off-guard with the lack of heat, the sudden cool downs, the drenching rains, not the usual hot, humid pattern of the greater DC area this year.

I finished all the patch work for the pastures and lawns this weekend. It was nice to be outside all day. Yesterday I even managed to paint the inside of one part of my old milk house,, real concrete-like mix slapped over a wire mesh. Was painted black in that part, had old pumps and grease/oil-fed machines in it. Cut them out, cleaned up as best I could and started painting. May have to hit part of the room with a pressure washer, though, will worry about that later.

Good day to all!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,295  
53* and heavy clouds, some rain this morning. Calling for 60's and some sun this afternoon, then a low of 27* overnight into Tuesday.

I will go to the local Farmington fair sometime this week, probably Thursday morning to catch the sheep showing. This is the 173rd year for the local fair.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,296  
2013-09-16, 0712

51 and rainy...chilly too.
High today will be 57 with showers....guess I won't be finishing mowing the lawn today.

BUT, we had fun yesterday...fair trade off, I reckon

/ Good morning!!!! #14,297  
Finally ... RAIN! After almost a month of dry, this is a welcome sight. The drought, at least in northeastern Oklahoma, has lessened this summer but we are still a little short on moisture. Much of the state remains in greater need.

Finished hauling the 237 4x6 bales just yesterday, so I'm glad the rain waited and the pastures won't be rutted.

Worked hard all weekend and may just use the rainy day as an excuse to be lazy :)

Thank you God for your wonderful Creation!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,298  
Still dry hear after 11 months of extra wet we are dry, didn't mow this week even though the seed tops are a ltlle edgy looking. Some grass started going dormant early this year and I don't want to make it worse mowing when it's too dry. Much warmer this morning, 62 vs 43 yesterday. looks like a fall week with up and down temps. Have a great day folks!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,299  
Slow start this morning, got up early just hard getting things going !
55 degrees right now, overcast with high chance of rain. Will be up into the 60’s today, but look out for frost tonight

/ Good morning!!!! #14,300  
good morning all. 57 degrees, going to low seventies, in rain, surprisingly. Well there it is coming to us on the radar, so...
Looks like a couple hours of light rain then clearing for the rest of the week.

We are off to the rv dealer in NJ to retrieve our motorhome, which hopefully now will have working tv's. And I can't wait to see how the new suspension pieces help the handling. This will be a busy week for me, cleaning up implements and putting them away in storage. Kinda sad putting them in a locker, but at least they won't be outside rusting; that just drove me crazy. And soon enough they will be put back to work. I did get permission to keep the Kubota inside my storage barn over the winter, so at least I get to do my wood gathering/splitting this winter. Probably one of my favorite things to do is to head out into the woods, looking for fall downs or standing dead wood. Mother Nature's pruning, assisted by Echo...

Ok, no Monday songs today. But remember to be kind to someone today.

Roy, great pics! I love the way the oxen are judged by their foot falls gauged by the center line. Sure never saw that before!

Last edited: