Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,301  
good morning 51 degrees and another nice day looks like. well got hay to cut while the rain has took a break, start tomorrow and finish wensday. the yard mowing has slowed down now. everyone have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #14,302  
pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter
nothing like a soft rain
softens all the noises outside, slows down the cars,
everything gets quieter, including the birds
Hiss Hiss
the rain comes down harder
Hiss Hiss SSSSSSSSSS

marvelous

/ Good morning!!!! #14,303  
2013-09-15, 2015

Had a great time at the fair!! This is definitely a country fair focused on agriculture, 4H and FFA activities and such. Nothing real fancy, but quite enjoyable.

Thanks for the fair pictures, Roy. That sure looks like a fun day at a small country fair. Even so, I could not help but feel sorry for the young lady with crutches in one of your photos. I guess that when you are young, you can do all kinds of things. However, if it were me on crutches, I'd probably do good to make it around my yard, much less go to the fair.

It was 70 F here this morning at 6:30 AM and dropped to 69 F for a few seconds as the sun came up. We are probably going to be about 10 degrees cooler this week with highs in the low 90s. There's at least a 10% chance of rain each day until next weekend. Our garden is still going great. We pick squash and okra every day and my blackeyes have put on a new round of blooms. I guess they will be pea-ing all the way into October.:D I was shocked to see some determinate tomatoes (BHN602) that have suddenly put on blooms and have tomatoes the size of marbles and ping-pong balls. Those were some of my best tomatoes this year and they have decided to rise from the ashes like a Phoenix. No need to plant a fall garden when my summer garden just keeps performing.:)

/ Good morning!!!! #14,304  
Sam, my dream is to get a place of my own where I can grow some hay. So I have a lot, well basically everything..., to learn. If it just rained, don't you have to let the fields dry out for a day or two? Or do you mechanically fluff them afterwards?
Hope you are doing fine.
Drew

Even so, I could not help but feel sorry for the young lady with crutches in one of your photos. Me too Jim, that girl needed a golf cart.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #14,305  
Thanks for the fair pictures, Roy. That sure looks like a fun day at a small country fair. Even so, I could not help but feel sorry for the young lady with crutches in one of your photos. I guess that when you are young, you can do all kinds of things. However, if it were me on crutches, I'd probably do good to make it around my yard, much less go to the fair.

Sunday was the driest day of the fair, although that was a happy coincidence for us as the day was picked so wifey could go with her sister, husband and kids.
We carried our muck boots in the truck, just in case. However, the ground was soft, but not muddy.
Yeah, being on crutches isn't pleasant, but she did quite well (as did several others on crutches, by the way).

/ Good morning!!!! #14,306  
its sunny but cool 41 only getting to 62 today.i guess i will get the deck ready for staining today.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,308  
I've got my deck ready, stain waiting, drop cloth ready, just in need of some Monday morning motivation......

/ Good morning!!!! #14,309  
Good Morning All. 0955, sunny 80* with 86% humidity. Forecast for a high of 93* with a 30% chance of rain. Tried to get back to the pressure washing, but my back told me it would have to wait for another day. I need to pick up a gallon of Simply Green anyway. Maybe I will walk over and look at my cousin's land. {the one who lost her husband a while back} She had the slash pines on her 40 clear cut.

Roy those were great fair pictures. The oxen reminded me of stories my Daddy told. When him and Uncle James were kids, James couldn't handle the mules and had to plow with the oxen. Even though Daddy was a couple of years younger, he plowed with the mules. Maybe handling that extra horsepower was why he spent most of his life as a crane operator while Uncle James drove trucks.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #14,310  
Sam, my dream is to get a place of my own where I can grow some hay. So I have a lot, well basically everything..., to learn. If it just rained, don't you have to let the fields dry out for a day or two? Or do you mechanically fluff them afterwards?

It all depends. How thick the hay is, how much wind or how sunny it is will impact drying. Often if the hay wasn't too thick we would just roll the windrow over to get sun on the other side. But if it is too thick, you would spread it back out with the tedder. I always found it was better {if you had to get rained on} for the hay to already be raked when the rain came. That way there was a smaller area for the rain to fall on. After you spend ten or twenty years doing it, you will still be learning as your weather and equipment changes.