Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,981  
Morning all, 49 when I woke up heading to 64 this afternoon. Supposed to warm up closer to the weekend and be in the middle 70s for our Canadian Thanksgiving.:cool:

/ Good morning!!!! #14,982  
OK... I met with my Pastor and worked out... Now I need to go back to bed until my chiropractor appt...

My 6.5 minute workout seems harder on carpet... last place I had a nice cool slate floor (very pretty too).

I've been working out since May 1st, I've seen amazing improvements... My peak is 109 push ups in 2 min (four 30 sec. sets) and 72 in 1 min (two 30 sec. sets). Today I only did 70... in addition I did 64 jumping jacks, ~30 burpies, and ~64 lunge steps, and planks for 30 and 60 sec. (I really only count push ups officially, and I just know that 32 jumping jacks is ~30 sec, so I do 32 every time.

From June 10th until Sept 17 I only skipped 6 days, and 3 of them were a weekend in OBX... I've done 30 straight days (ended 9/17) since then I've limited myself to 10 or less, I've been advised to take Sunday's off every week for rest.

The good news is I can leterally eat/drink ANYTHING I want it seems. I'm going to schedule a physical and get my blood work done so Don will rest assured I'm OK...

I'm also getting skinny, 6-pack abs, and my chest/arms have not looked this decent since I was in the US Navy, in my 20's working out in the gym 3 days a week...

Last thing I want is to be FAT, 50 and dating...
:D
David

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #14,983  
Congrats David on the workouts!

Low 50's this morning but it's not warming up much and the NW wind is kicking in. Supposed to make 72 today but I seriously doubt it. A lot different than the 87 yesterday and low 90's last weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,984  
   / Good morning!!!! #14,986  
I gave up, too much competition from you youngun's!

Randy,

Did you see we are only 15 I mean 14 away from our 15,000th post?

JDGreen will show up any second...
:D
David

/ Good morning!!!! #14,988  
The good news is I can leterally eat/drink ANYTHING I want it seems. I'm going to schedule a physical and get my blood work done so Don will rest assured I'm OK...
Last thing I want is to be FAT, 50 and dating...

David

Actually what you want is the opposite of what I got. 50ish no symptoms, and a heart attack with a 50% survival rate. I think dating would be the last thought in my mind in back of a rushing ambulance.:D And as I have posted before studies show that diet is more important than exercise when it comes to heart disease. I'm just trying to warn people not to make the mistakes I did.

When you go all out in exercising is when the early forming plaque will most likely break and cause an obstruction in your heart artery - aka heart attack.
Remember I was on mile two (in first place) of a three mile run, running up a hill when the rushing blood disrupted my nicely forming plaque. (Even with 40% blockage there are absolutely no symptoms before it breaks off.)

You are going through a lot of stress now, glad you are exercising and try to keep your BMI in the normal range and getting regular check-ups. Your BMI is in the normal range, right? Insurance companies will soon, if not already, ding those that are not, same with blood cholesterol levels.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,989  
David--great news on the diet but TXDon is right. Absolutely right. And if you want to stay a buff Playmate calendar type guy, skip the saturated fats in your diet. Not cut back but eliminate nearly all of them. Maybe one or two a day is acceptable. Ditto on cutback of salt.

I'm retired and have the same basic shape and weight--sans gravity--that I had in high school and am in better shape than most anyone I know. All because I work out 70 minutes a day, six days a week and skip the fats. Try it and see what happens. Plus your energy level doubles--not that you need more energy.

On the downside, you might have to carry an axe handle with you to keep all the babes at bay. Chicks dig buff types.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,990  
70F .06 inches since midnight looks to be a morning storm on horizon.

David, that's quite a workout. Sounds like you might be making some progress with your situation, even if only within yourself. Enjoy your daughters birthday.

Sweet potato farmer started harvesting yesterday.

Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet