Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,511  
Mostly, how do you fix a bicycle warped rotor?

Sodamo, glad you're coming back to life.

Ellicott looks good.

Buppies, NO 90's until you pay me the big snow you owe. 😁

Driver's License...clearly too easy to obtain...based on the way I see young folks drive (and adults, too, maybe me included?). Don, ditto on how things were when I got my license...we even had "simulator" machines in Drivers' Ed...much like later arcade games for driving race cars...early early baby version of Popg's flight simulator.

My wife and I had a nice wildflower hike yesterday morning...found a pretty rare one. Then breakfast at Cracker Barrel...new menu since we were last there, and the food was great. Pretty good crowd and still had great service.

Ran a battery's worth of string trimming in the afternoon...more to do.
As far as driving, every day I see crazy driving. yesterday a guy in left lane crossed 2 lanes and passed car in front of me in right lane, using an entrance ramp, then proceeded to go back left 2 lanes in front of a red truck, then brake checked the truck, before speeding off. Apparently more than 10 MPH over the speed limit wasn't fast enough, and the red truck was passing the car in front of me. Have had multiple cars on the 2 lane road to my house come across the middle line, where I bailed out onto the shoulder. Since my son's wreck, there has been 3 other bad accidents within a mile of the little town below me. One yesterday on my way to get my son.

We still like cracker Barrel. They have a good skillet breakfast, that has eggs, potatoes, cheese, etc all piled together.

couple flood pics from 2018 in Ellicott City

ellicottcityflood20180527-2.jpeg
ellicottcityflood20180527.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,514  
Morning all, 55 going up to 61 and sunny, will be getting warmer going forward.
New Dishwasher is in and works great, thanks for all the feedback on that.

Went and finished trimming the bushes along the road and in the front of the house.
Took down another small dead ash, and with it a few hundred pounds of vines that were attached. The usual 20 minute buck and stack turned into almost an hour of ripping and cutting vines and moving them over to an area where I can chip them later.

Then into town for drinks (my usual club soda) to Lambertville Station and then on to Lambertville house, where my wife worked when she was 16 and talked with the staff there for a while about the place. Lambertville House Hotel

Sodamo - hope this is the step that finally fixes Sophie's eyes.

Mostly - asking dad for a cop y of the will would probably lead to more issues and no will. He gets quite agitated and knows something is wrong, but won't work with us.

Popgadget - Happy Alpacas once it gets hot out. Great pictures.

Well off to get some mulch and some trim wood for the dishwasher.
Then to cut open the ceiling in the garage and see how bad the water damage is.

Be well,
20240426_121705.jpg

Lambertville Station Restaurant looking up to the canal and the old rail tracks.
20240426_184537.jpg

20240426_170638.jpg

and the miss that came with the little tree. Makes the pole saw look tiny. Will be a lot of chips when done.
20240426_170740.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,516  
We still like cracker Barrel. They have a good skillet breakfast, that has eggs, potatoes, cheese, etc all piled together.

couple flood pics from 2018 in Ellicott City
WOW! The flood really did a number on that town.

Yep, CB is still a good place to eat. Wife likes their pancakes. I like pretty much everything.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,518  
Good Morning!

Mid 70's today and some winds. Breezes are OK with me but I don't like strong winds. They bring trouble. Probably no rain and we still need some but we always need some.

Going to see the Tiny Tornado next week for her birthday. So, a few things to get done before I leave.

Have a great Saturday everyone! Prayers for our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,519  
My magnolias had no chance.
When the blossoms just started to open we had several days of high winds.
That ripped off some of the outer petals before they were even fully deployed.
With the previous 2 nights of significant frost the rest of the blossom are brown.
No spectacular show this year.😢

/ Good morning!!!! #189,520  
Ellicott city is on the old national pike, and the old B&O RR main line passes thru. It already has grown to include everything around it for miles, this is just the original old town section. There’s a small stream that was ran under downtown via culverts. They were way too small to handle the very large rain, then clogged and the street became the creek. There is an expensive project to rebuild larger storm water tunnels. They did tear down a few of the historic buildings downtown for that project.

Got oil changed in Honda. 209k miles on it. Put on 1k just last week.
Light rain outside getting heavier. Not working on trailer wiring in the rain. Got a new 6 pin connector on order.