Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,841  
Good morning! 63˚F, a welcomed 1.4" rain last night, more today and Monday, N wind changing to SE and heading to 70˚.
The town lake is finally starting to fill in May. The weekly rains cut back on the millions of gallons on irrigation and the lake level is just 5 feet below full. This is the highest level in May than the last two years.
The lake has not been full for 4 years.

The yard will have to wait till Tuesday the next dry day. Then I probably will have to set the mower as high as it will go since I missed the weekly mowing twice because of wet grass all day long.
After church I'll also check the potatoes later and turn off the irrigation system for a few days.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,842  
Good morning, the low is 56 and going to a high of 66°F. Wind S 14 gusting to 22 mph. Showers and T-storms possible.

If it doesn't rain, then I will install the piece of the puzzle to the fuel tank install. A 3/4" swivel on the dispensing nozzle. I had one on the old nozzle, but it had a bushing on it to increase to 1" and it was as if that thing was welded on. I 'bit the bullet' and bought a new one, $32.oo off Amazon.

More cleanup today if no rain.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #189,843  
good morning all
light rain all day,pretty grey out

Phil, that soup looks awfully thick!
Ron nice flower. Tiny little bug in there

have some light housekeeping to do this morning but otherwise no plans til later.
This afternoon I go back to my childhood home to talk to the new homeowners there about the history
of the place, what it was like before the ten homes were built on five acre lots back in deep woods.
I even took some framed pics off the wall, my favorite is the one with two tractors working the front field with Bowman's Hill Tower in the background.
The one with the JD with three rear tires.
There was a reason the farm was called Rockwood, by the prior owners.
Shale and granite everywhere, numerous local granite quarries.
This was tough dirt to work.
New England fields where you raise more stones than you raise crops.
They just keep coming up and coming up.
not fun memories of walking behind wood wagon pulled by tractor picking stones by hand out of 30 acres.
I bet some of you have done the same thing.

now they have wonderful attachments for your FEL and you can pick up rocks in a/c comfort in your cab.
yeah baby, there was an app for that. (y)

Don, East of you lots of flooding still going on. Glad you got an inch and a half of rain.
That's a good soaker for the veggies and even the larger trees.
how would you characterize the soil there? Does it drain well enough?

/ Good morning!!!! #189,844  
Good Morning
It’s 48° and raining. Pretty much the same for the rest of the day. We only have gotten 2/10” since it started yesterday morning.

Didn’t get any mowing in yesterday, the rain started too early. I did get some time in with Fusion, I cut some pieces of 10 ga 309 stainless for grill scraper blades for the restaurant.

IMG_4286.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Not much else productive though. The made me a nice dinner when I dropped the blades off though. A ribeye, steamed broccoli and broiled potatoes.

Today I’m off to Louisville to pick up the people from the Derby and pay exorbitant fees. Should get on top of the weather pretty quickly, hopefully a nice ride. I’ve got one more trip this month, Palm Beach on Friday, so I’ll have time to mow this week.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,845  
Good Morning!!!! 44F @ 4:30AM, still in Yankee Hill. Sun and clouds mixed. Cool. High 64F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Yesterday's storm dropped an inch and a half of rain, precisely half way between the inch to two inches predicted. Even a blind pig gets an acorn once in a while. It's still snowing up in the mountains a few miles east of here.

I've been using one of these to change oil for the past year or so, Drew. Haven't spilled a drop using it. It's hand pumped, so you can change the oil almost anywhere, then just take the whole thing to the counter at any FLAPS to empty it. The pump and lid seals are a little finicky to get right, but it beats heck out of crawling around under the car or truck and messing with a sensitive drain plug.

I just finished replacing the batteries in a smoke detector. The old ones were dated 13 months ago, so in order to avoid getting up in the wee hours to change the rest of them at random intervals, I should change the them later in the day. Only problem is I don't have enough batteries to go around.

Yesterday someone offered to trade a '90s BMW Z3 for the 24' box trailer. I had to tell him I was cured of BMW cars by the '03 5 series that spent almost as much time at the dealer's shop as it did in my garage.

I don't recall ever tasting BBQ I didn't like. My favorite is the one that is in front of me at any given moment.

Painted Killz primer over the walls where the termites attacked the workbench pegboard a few years ago, and now need to spackle and texture where they ate into the paper surface of the drywall. Also patched what seemed like a few hundred nail and screw holes in the garage walls. Still need to do the ceiling.

Today I'll take down the 240 Volt garage outlets for the machine tools, but rig one back for the small air compressor. Maybe I can get a neighbor to come down to help get the idler motor for the rotary phase converter off the wall on the back porch. Had a heck of a time getting it up there by myself, and I'm not as strong now fourteen years later.

Caught a mouse in the garage, reset the trap to see how many more are out there. I found more than a few nests in the tool boxes during the move. Refreshed the peanut butter on the one by the kitchen waste can, and thought I heard it go off an hour or so ago.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,847  
Good Morning,
Anna Maria Island, 70 to start going to 82 ! Sunny days keep coming and I’m not complaining!

Yesterday we too a water taxi to Bradenton, about an hour trip for us. Then walked the downtown area and went to Oak and Stone for dinner ! Had fried grouper sandwich! Very good ! They had a beer wall there, about 20 different beers, so you get a activation bracelet and then pour your own. It electronically keeps track of your pours and gets attached to your bill !

Phil, love the witches cauldron! Very cool idea !

Hope all have a blessed day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #189,848  
Light rain this morning. High of 64º. I got the lower field mowed yesterday but, not the lawn which needed it. Now it's going to be too tall when it's dry enough to mow. I reseeded my 20 yr old sod this year, it growing like crazy. Clover had taken over the dryer sections...due to the drought that persisted prior to the shift to more rain the last 2 yrs. Hopefully the new grass pushes the clover back. This will be a regen day for me, maybe wash a car. Have a great Sunday

/ Good morning!!!! #189,849  
plans changed, my cohort in crime cancelled due to not feeling well.
So change of clothes and time to get something accomplished.
watered all the gardens, pretty dry out now, waiting for this weekend's rain
did your cohort cancel because you teased 109 on 309? LOL

Neighbor mechanic returned the Scag, unfixed. Decided engine needs rebuild, which he doesn’t do or be replaced. Not going to do anything at this point. My friend Jim will be here in less than a month. Enthusiastic tinkerer, I will offer it to him as a project during his 3 week stay.
Did he give any indication what the problem is?
If it dies, and it is a twin, you should be able to eliminate compression as a culprit, because 1 cylinder should keep running. That leaves spark and fuel to home in on.
Hope eye gets better.

Texas style for me. Actually a blend of KC, Memphis and Texas. But definitely no sauce unless I put it on. And not vinegar sauce.
Same here. A long time ago, I went to IIRC a Tony Romas where I got a sampler platter of ribs, cooked in various styles. I should have taken my time, and cleared my pallet, before trying the next type. I ate them all.... But I'm with you, sauce on the side, only to be used sparingly if at all.

Prayers for all, time for church.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,850  
Good Sunday Morning!

I've been listening to rain and thunder since 5am. All the ground is boggy and saturated. Texas weather is usually one extreme or another. At least it's not freezing rain. ⛈️ ⛈️

When I started this post it was 7am. The Tiny Tornado woke up and now it is 8:50am. Rain has stopped for now.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Prayers for Our Nation!