Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,861  
Today is The Woman's birthday. Not sure if She will have any interest in doing anything to "celebrate". Wished Her a Happy Birthday this morning when I got up ... and immediately got "the look" ...

Wishing your bride many many more trips around the sun.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,863  
Bupps, glad to hear you can still do some work.

Ken, prayers you get better.

Yesterday, my son lost his first match in the 8th grade district tennis tournament. It was single elimination and so he was out. He opted to stay and watch his team compete. He played in the "A" bracket, while his buddy played in boy's "B" bracket. His buddy won, and my son wished he played in the B side. I told him to keep playing A, and keep practicing. At this age, most of the kids just "tap" the ball back and forth, but he's learning to hit topspin balls, but not quite that good enough at it yet. Needs to work on his power and placement. It is kind of like a beginner at bowling, who starts out just rolling straight balls, then when they try to put the spin to it, it is a whole different game and it takes a while to get good at it. And good only comes with practice, practice, practice. My son needs practice, along with some coaching. There were 3 kids who were really good. Unfortunately, our small school doesn't put much into tennis, and we really need new courts.

Nice pic's Y'all!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,865  
Potatoes are popping out of the ground and the organic foliage is getting eaten. I turned off the irrigation water and put mulch on top of the exposed potatoes (about 20). Since the gardens got about two inches of rain last night I will have to wait for the soil to dry before I dig them out. Maybe at the end of the week.
The rains held off this afternoon and I was able to mow the yard with the lawnmower set on the highest setting - 4". the thick grass was 6-7" tall.
IMG_3473.JPG

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #189,866  
Drew there is a lot of construction around and the soil is a reddish clay mixed with limestone. I'll try to get a pic one day. The soil on the South side of I35 is a lot better - Blackland parries and Post Oak Savannahs.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,869  
   / Good morning!!!! #189,870  
Lou, those prices look like around here

Ken, not doing so well here either.
spent the day in bed, weak and dizzy again.
seeing oncologist tomorrow morning, will see what he has to say

these are similar symptoms to when I first got diagnosed with adrenal cancer.
But my PET showed ok two weeks ago.

had to cancel out again on visiting my old homestead. At noon I stood up and room just
went around in circles. Took some meds, feel a little better now.

thank goodness for Kindle