Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,061  
54F and light rain @ 13:00, expected high today is only 57F ... that's quite the cool down from the weather we've been having ... :(

High yesterday was 81.1F.

Big chill will be Friday night heading into Saturday morning when the low is expected to be 43F.

Just switched the furnace back over to heat.

First thing yesterday was to work on making up more potting mix.

Then potting more tomato plants to clear out the seedling tray of the larger ones so it wasn't quite as crowded.

Got another 15 done for a total of 29 (including previous day's efforts) of several different types. Then got those loaded into the dump cart and moved around back to the shelves, single shelving rack now full.

Still a bunch left to go though:

IMG_3239 copy.jpg

After that got the tube feeders refilled, also scattered some for the ground feeders. Collected up the two pieces of the broken plexiglass panel from the hopper feeder.

Think I have some plexiglass of the correct thickness to replace it, just need to locate it so I can scribe out the pattern and cut a replacement.

Then put the remesh panels back up on the sawhorses and got the other side sprayed with phosphoric acid. Those should now be good to go.

When that was done The Woman and I headed around back and She started collecting up the straw She had raked off the strawberries a while back, loading it into the dump cart. I did some string trimming and mowing around the garden area while She was doing that.

Then moved the straw over around the trellis where we'll use it for mulch around the tomatoes once they get planted.

With the straw relocated, we should be able to pull back the netting on the strawberries on the next nice day and get those cleaned out, weeded, and get the hoops and the netting put up. Looks like this coming Sunday will be the soonest that can happen.

After moving the straw I ran back up to the garage and collected the sprayer that was full of glyphosate and came back sprayed the eastern side of the garden where some new weeds were starting to pop up, plus the (unfinished) area that The Woman had been weeding. Also got some of the edge of the driveway done before I ran out of juice.

Hauled a dump cart load of weeds up to the compost pile and dumped that.

Called it a day at that point as I was getting hungry.

Not much on agenda for today.

Need to do some watering of the stuff remaining in the seed trays.

I also do have a doctor/meds appointment later.

Running low on some bird/critter food items so will probably place an order for those and run by and pick those up while I'm out and about.

Rhododendrons starting to bloom:

IMG_3241 copy.jpg

New flowers:

IMG_3242 copy.jpg

IMG_3243 copy.jpg

The end of another fine day:

IMG_3240 copy.jpg

Hope everyone is a having a decent Thursday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #190,062  
Adding 2% to a service bill because the staff is underpaid (n). Sounds like an employer problem not the customer's.
Take it off the tip :LOL:
that's my take on it. next they will be adding the bus boys tip, and then the office help, and a surcharge for AC and Heat.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,063  
Adding 2% to a service bill because the staff is underpaid (n). Sounds like an employer problem not the customer's.
I like to pose this question to the food server, then stay quiet and watch their reaction:

"How do I leave a negative tip? I need cash back!"

/ Good morning!!!! #190,064  
woodpecker is back for dinner, making a serious mess out there.
I'll need a shovel and wagon
going to town on two rotted stumps.
must be great grubs in there
He looks up and sees me and has never moved.
I wonder how close I could get to him.
would not want to get pecked...

washed my car slowly, making sure not to move head around too much and it went fine.
then made a nice stir fry out of pork and chicken leftovers, black beans, diced tomatoes, veggies and last quarter of a bottle of
some sweet barbecue sauce. Yum. When that cools off will have three dinners left.

have a question on black beans for you bean lovers.
I buy the cheap stuff in cans and it comes in a light goop.
what if I buy uncooked black beans and cook them, are they a lot better?
I like the earthy flavor it gives the dish, and they are clearly a healthy food.

I'm imagining doing my own they would be harder in consistency since they haven't been waterlogged
for who knows how long. Funny I keep about five pounds of uncooked beans in the cupboard as survival food.
I really ought to cook off the old stuff and replenish it.
I wonder if two year old uncooked beans are stale

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #190,065  
Good Afternoon,
Well, finally got my teeth cleaned and got out of the dentist office by 11:45 ! 😉

We got home Tuesday night from vacation, then went to work Wednesday, worked all day and came home to mow the grass. I cut it high with the intention of cutting it again in a couple of days to get it to normal height !

Went to HD to pick up 40 ft of drain pipe along with a drain and a 90. This will hopely solve the water and mud problem when we get these torrential rains that are filling the in ground pool with muddy water ! So tonite I need to kick back a little, started digging the trench for the pipe and I will probably be sore tomorrow!

Have a good evening! 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_3888.jpeg
    IMG_3888.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3889.jpeg
    IMG_3889.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 30
   / Good morning!!!! #190,068  
have a question on black beans for you bean lovers.
I buy the cheap stuff in cans and it comes in a light goop.
what if I buy uncooked black beans and cook them, are they a lot better?
I like the earthy flavor it gives the dish, and they are clearly a healthy food.

I'm imagining doing my own they would be harder in consistency since they haven't been waterlogged
for who knows how long. Funny I keep about five pounds of uncooked beans in the cupboard as survival food.
I really ought to cook off the old stuff and replenish it.
I wonder if two year old uncooked beans are stale
If we use a can of black beans we rinse them, if we cook the dried black beans we do it in the Instant Pot.
Spices good in black beans

We also add a diced onion, bell pepper, and garlic. lime juice can also be added to give it a salty flavor.