Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #24,821  
61 this morning and cloudy but this will burn off high of 80 later. Got rained out yesterday but working today. Tomorrow even warmer then another cool down with a return of rain on Thursday. Good Morning

/ Good morning!!!! #24,822  
Got coffee brewing. 58° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 69° with thunderstorm off and on throughout the day. Another day of sitting around and enjoying other company. Hope the storms are not bad.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,823  
got up way too early since I went to bed too early; neck was really hurting me, thankfully the soft collar helps.
But just wanted to say good morning to Roy, who hopefully will be sleeping in on a Saturday.

You better believe I slept in!

37 right now...high of 71 today. Might be a good mowing day, but I'll need to get fuel first. First chore will be installing an LED dusk to dawn lamp over the garage doors...it's a replacement for an old HI lamp that doesn't work.
Then, down to Lebanon NH for some shopping and pick up a new wireless router...
Then, if time allows...the mowing.

Added: We haven't lit the wood stove yet...that's the wife's decision since she's at home more then I am (I work, she doesn't). But I reckon she'll light it off pretty soon!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #24,824  
Good morning! 76˚ heading to 86˚ partly cloudy and a chance of rain. We have had 2" total this month, nothing to complain about but no runoff to the ponds. Everything is green in the county. A neighbor 10 miles North had 5 quick inches and his ponds are overflowing.

I still can't get in the mood to get firewood for the WBS but I have scoped out two large oak trees that lost big limbs. I'll pick them up with my grapple and cut and split them when it threatens to get cooler. Three BD parties to attend today ages 2 thru 84.

I heard two people talking about calf prices, and at the auction a 950 pound calf sold for $1750. Expect the price of beef to continue upward.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,826  
56 headed to 82.

Had a great time at the Field Day of the Past fair yesterday. Much bigger and nicer than I thought it would be - it gives the state fair a real run for the money. Here a few of the pics I took (if I did this right).

Old sawmill, small engine area, a couple of the many antique tractors and lawn mowers, some of the equipment exhibitors (all the major tractors were represented) home made ice cream, the original Short Pump garage, and a couple of shots of the Truck pull, which was still going on when we left about 10:30pm.

IMAG1536.jpgIMAG1546.jpgIMAG1553.jpgIMAG1557.jpgIMAG1560.jpgIMAG1561.jpgIMAG1572.jpgIMAG1574.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #24,827  
Looks like it was a good fair.

Already 80 today. Headed to 85.

Started dirt work on building yesterday. Got grass and topsoil removed. Found the phone line in the process. Had forgotten it was looped around back. Today I am going to haul in my fill dirt. Found some good clay material to use as fill.

/ Good morning!!!! #24,828  
72F and .11 inches rain yesterday

Think I really like this new iPhone so far

Be safe
Have a great day

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #24,829  
Good Afternoon. 1215, overcast, 77F with 81% humidity. Forecast high of 82F with 10% chance of rain this afternoon, and a low of 64F tonight. This is the coolest day/night of the summer so far. Traditionally the 3rd week of September is when the heat finally breaks here in NW Florida. It looks like it is going to happen just in time for the Fall Equinox on Tuesday. The forecast highs are down in the 80's for the next 10 days.

I have a late night party at work, but nothing until then. I hate these days when I have to kill time all day then go into work. But there is plenty of racing and football on TV today, and I might even do a little mowing. Margie and I did get over to the shooting house and put some corn out earlier this morning. We changed out the SD card in the game camera, but I haven't heard her say if there was any good pictures.

Larro

/ Good morning!!!! #24,830  
73F and partly cloudy ... headed up to 78F apparently ...

Rain headed in tonight thru Monday AM ... will have to get the MMM put on so the wife can mow the lawn ... lol ...

Knocked off early last night so I could get up early today and get over to my steel supplier this morning to pick up a few items before they close at noon. Sent an email last night telling them to go ahead and get the order ready and let me know when it would be available to be picked up. No reply as of this morning ... so I called at 10:00 and get an operator who says they are closed on Saturdays ...

Huh ? :confused2:

Having finally got the crossbeams pretty much prepped, the sawhorses for the table will get welded up tonight ...

Been working on a little something over the last few days that might come in handy moving them and other heavy stuff around: a 3PH boom pole.

The "T" for the 3PH is built out of 3 1/2", 1/4" wall, square tube and some 3/8" angle ... the boom pole itself is the leftover 3" x 2", 1/4" wall, rectangular tube that I didn't use for the root rake/grapple.

IMG_1573.jpg
The lift points (pictured below) are leftover/drops of 3" x 1/2" bar stock, except for the 5/8" threaded eyelet, which I got from McMaster for something else and ended up not being able to use because the threaded portion was too short. It is rated for 4800 lbs in a vertical lift:

IMG_1579.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg
This thing should be capable of lifting anything our little Kubota can pick up.

Got a few more welds to make on it and it will be done ... unfortunately, a couple of those welds are for a piece of 5/8" round stock - which I was going to pick up today - that will serve as the top brace ... hafta wait until Monday for that I guess ... :(