Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #3,441  
2012-05-27, 0804

70 degrees, very humid(!) an overcast.
Should be a bit cooler today (84)and maybe thunderstorms.

Trip to pick up my stepdaughter's gear went well...about a 6 hour drive down (slow going on the Washington DC beltway). Got the truck unloaded yesterday evening and we'll move it to it's proper location (in the basement) today as well as unload her BF's car.
Pretty trip, for the most part (once we got away from DC). I had the Pete Seeger version of "Wreak of the Old 97" going through my head for the whole trip..."He picked up his orders in Monroe, Virginia..."....which is where we went.

/ Good morning!!!!
#3,442  
2012-05-27, 0804

70 degrees, very humid(!) an overcast.
Should be a bit cooler today (84)and maybe thunderstorms.

Trip to pick up my stepdaughter's gear went well...about a 6 hour drive down (slow going on the Washington DC beltway). Got the truck unloaded yesterday evening and we'll move it to it's proper location (in the basement) today as well as unload her BF's car.
Pretty trip, for the most part (once we got away from DC). I had the Pete Seeger version of "Wreak of the Old 97" going through my head for the whole trip..."He picked up his orders in Monroe, Virginia..."....which is where we went.

I'm gonna look that up, I haven't heard a Pete Seeger song in awhile.

/ Good morning!!!!
#3,444  
1st coffee gone, yummy bfast - wife cooked up our own eggs, some peppers, onions, zukini, taters. Now gotta get motivated, going to TSC and coffee. Maybe the farmers market? Have a good one, guys!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #3,445  
Good morning. 70* on its way to 90* - yikes! Mulched a few flower beds yesterday and am paying for it today with a sore back. Good day to stay inside and watch the race.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,446  
I'm gonna look that up, I haven't heard a Pete Seeger song in awhile.

I don't think Pete Seeger's version is on Youtube, but there are a few others. My favorite (on Youtube) is the Hank Snow version:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNo0cGi1xZU"]The Wreck Of The Old 97 by Hank Snow - YouTube[/ame]

This has a factual basis, by the way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wreck_of_the_Old_97

/ Good morning!!!! #3,447  
Back home now, went to car show then stopped on way home to get a dozen tomato sets gotta go plant them...

Attachment is of my good friend and shows his 1978 Pace Car Corvette, it has VERY LOW MILES (8000).

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 72
   / Good morning!!!! #3,448  
Nice Vette! My best friend had a pace car and sold it some years ago, he's got a '65 Corvette convertible, a '34 Chevy coupe and a '57 Chevy Sedan, his are nicer than my old junk cars.

/ Good morning!!!! #3,449  
Nice Vette! My best friend had a pace car and sold it some years ago, he's got a '65 Corvette convertible, a '34 Chevy coupe and a '57 Chevy Sedan, his are nicer than my old junk cars.

Look at the license plate...my friend and his son won it in a raffle...think they paid $50 for their two tickets...