Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,251  
Happy 4th everyone! We've got our hotdogs, potato salad, corn-on-the-cob, watermelon, and homemade peach ice cream ready to go. Fireworks are all organized into daytime/night-time and sparklers and other novelties for the kids. Flags are flyin' high and proud. Gonna be a hot, but great day.:D

/ Good morning!!!! #4,252  
Glad your cat is home safe JD. We have 3 cats that stay inside. We used to let the older (he's 16) cat outside, but he kept crossing the road so we nixed that idea. How do you keep your cats close to home when you leave them outside?

Currently it is 76* here with a high of 94 - very humid. We had some big TS's hit about midnight and lost power until 5 a.m. Pretty spectacular lightning and thunder for awhile. Luckily no damage and got some much needed rain. Have a good 4th everyone! Also, we got our Collie one of those Thunder Shirts because he would bark at any noise or distraction. It really does seem to reduce his anxiety and the barking. Go figure!

/ Good morning!!!! #4,253  
Glad your cat is home safe JD. We have 3 cats that stay inside. We used to let the older (he's 16) cat outside, but he kept crossing the road so we nixed that idea. How do you keep your cats close to home when you leave them outside?

Currently it is 76* here with a high of 94 - very humid. We had some big TS's hit about midnight and lost power until 5 a.m. Pretty spectacular lightning and thunder for awhile. Luckily no damage and got some much needed rain. Have a good 4th everyone! Also, we got our Collie one of those Thunder Shirts because he would bark at any noise or distraction. It really does seem to reduce his anxiety and the barking. Go figure!

About the cats who don't get to roam....when they are out I keep track of them the whole time and if they get too far away a warning squirt or two from a sprayer bottle deters them...I only had to actually spray them a few times while training them but now just the sound of the sprayer bottle makes them turn tail and scurry back. But the guy who disappeared actually ENJOYS water he will come home in a rainstorm dripping wet...impossible to keep him from roaming but after last night maybe he will cut down on that....

/ Good morning!!!! #4,254  
We have a cat that is just fascinated with water. He adopted us last summer when he just sort of wandered in one evening. The wife and I were sitting on the deck and just got up to go inside for the evening. My wife had one foot in the door and heard a meow. I said " I didn't hear anything just get inside". Well, that didn't work and he ended up being cat #3. He is a very nice cat. The vet said he is a Russian Blue. We clip his claws and he could care less. He likes anything that involves water. We haven't bathed him yet, but the vet said he really enjoyed the flea bath they gave him. Our German Shepard rolls him around like a squeaky toy and he just loves it. Funny how cats can be sometimes.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,255  
Hi guys, hit 102 degrees here a while ago...didn't do much outside today except spray weeds and water the garden sets. No rain forecast for next several days either.

/ Good morning!!!!
#4,256  
Hi guys, hit 102 degrees here a while ago...didn't do much outside today except spray weeds and water the garden sets. No rain forecast for next several days either.

We are at 101. I really don't think much of the weather forecasters right now. We were supposed to have a high of 96 today. So they are off 5 degrees, that is a pretty big error or variation. Doesn't seem that cold weather gets as much variation in temps. All we did was water the garden and the animals. The chicken's haven't been laying very well lately, the heat is a lot for them I guess.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,257  
Drinking coffee this morning to stay awake. 66 degrees this morning with a very fast moving thunderstorm. Heading to 94 with more thunderstorms. Woke up early because of dog having a kitten about thunder. Storm rushed through with heavy rain and no damage. More storms headed this way from the northwest. Very warm yesterday. 99 degrees off and on sun. It would have gotten hotter if sun had stayed out all the time.
Got a call from my mother yesterday evening. Noise in the attic that sounded like a animal tearing things apart. I could hear it on the phone. Collect some tools and Have a Heat cages. Got to her place, no noise. She say noise stopped when fireworks started. Checked out attic and could not find anything. Check outside of house. No way for animal the size that could cause noises she heard to get in. Set trap and left her with still having the problem. Headed back today. Hopefully the varmint is either gone or in trap this morning.
Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,258  
Ron, sorry about the animal problem your mom is having...I swear I didn't bring those baby coons I found the other day over to her house. Any chance the noise she is hearing could be something stuck in a brick chimney? When I first moved here in late '88 the house was really open with loose siding and open eaves and squirrels buried thousands of walnuts in the loose fill insulation in the attic. That didn't bother me until one morning I pulled open a vanity drawer in the bathroom and found a squirrel had filled it with walnuts overhight....:laughing: I swear that actually happened !!! 67 degrees here now, it began raining about 10 pm last night and put a real damper on the fireworks displays and the cats actually don't mind thunder as much as they do the racket of fireworks. Just went out to check the rain gage and it reads just over an inch of blessed water...it has been so dry here it is welcome.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,259  
Woke up early this morning. It is 73* here with a high of 94. Yesterday was very hot and humid and they are calling for a high of 100* for Friday.
I don't feel like doing anything outside when it is this hot and muggy.

/ Good morning!!!! #4,260  
Morning all!

I allowed myself to sleep in until almost 6am today! I stayed up late watchin Josie Wales...

Had an awesome party yesterday, Mike (LstInThot) brought his wife, 4 kids and a nephew, and 3 of my buddies from church came over we shot, and shot, and shot.

Attached is a pic of my "Clay Pigeon Cannon" rev 1.0 (It worked) we must have shot 100 clays, and I put up 2 of my ***** Bin paper targets at over 100 yards, and we shot steel silhouettes...

We shot AR-15, 20ga, 12ga, 9mm .38 .357 .22 (I think that is all the flavors).

2nd amendment was celebrated well at my place yesterday!

Be well today!
David

Attachments

• 2012-07-04 12.17.02.jpg
    2012-07-04 12.17.02.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 79