Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #63,361  
That's a good point. They have gloves available up to 32" long ... which should cover my arms, but might make it worth considering not making the cabinet not quite as deep.

We had a pair of blast cabinets at the auto parts stores (two locations) ... they were painted green, maybe Petersen brand. They were 4' or 5' long x probably a little over 2' deep ... clamshell design ... top opened up and rolled back to a 45 degree angle. They had an additional tall cabinet (6' ?) with six inverted filter socks in it to filter the air and remove the dust.

I was considering a 12" x 45" window ... largest one TP offers.

Most of it would be fairly small I'd guess ... but I know I have some larger stuff as well ...

Good tip ... :thumbsup:

Yeah ... I wouldn't think that it would be all that hard to incorporate a second door on the other end. Real question will be whether I'll have the room to have access.

I dunno ... it's a larger stainless Shop Vac ... maybe 15 gallons or so ... and it's noisy enough that I usually don't run it without wearing ear muffs ... moves quite a bit of air. There are HEPA filters available for it.

TP does offer what appears to be a fairly nice vacuum unit with HEPA filter that is supposed to be fairly quiet ... but it's pricey ($300)

USA VAC-50 HEPA Vacuum

Right ... probably intake high (and shielded) ... mebbe with the return lower.

Someone has a Snap-On unit up on Craigs here right now ... unfortunately they are very proud of it ($2500) ... no way I'm paying for the name.

I'm sure I would use it a lot.

Yeah ... the 5HP 60G Harbor Freight two-stage compressor I have will supposedly deliver 15.8 CFM @ 90 psi ... could always use more I'm sure, but I'd imagine that it would be be a whole lot better than the 5HP 30G single-stage Coleman I used to use with the Sears siphon sandblaster. There was a lot of waiting for air pressure with that set up ... :D

I'm of fairly slender build ... so it may not be a problem for me. Don't recall getting my hands out of the gloves ever being a problem with the old boxes ... in any event, some blast cabinet is better than no blast cabinet, despite whatever obstacles I'll have to deal with on a regular basis.

TP also has two grades of gloves ... the "Super-Pro" gloves are supposed to be very flexible and last longer ... but again, pricey:

Sandblasting Gloves for Abrasive Blasting Cabinets

Do you use the plastic protection sheets on the glass ?

I know TP offers them ... but I have no idea as to whether they are worth it.

Yeah ... that's the same set up as the ones we had ... I didn't care for it as there was no seal between the fixture and glass view port ... so the viewport glass would pick up glare from the light. Would be easy enough to fix though, with some foam gasketing.

I'm thinking about several different options ... maybe hanging one of those stick trouble lights inside the cabinet. They're sealed (to some degree) ... so they might work well. Dunno.

I figured I use angle iron cross pieces to support the larger stuff and I have some scraps of heavy expanded metal I can use for smaller items.

Would appreciate it.

Thanks.

GSA Auctions, General Services Administration, Government Site for Auctions

/ Good morning!!!! #63,362  
Would appreciate it.

front&Filter.jpg Front&Door.jpg back.jpg inside.jpg
window.jpg namePlate.jpg

It's something of a mess after this latest round of use, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Just let me know if you need more shots or have questions, OK?

Oh, one thing I didn't mention before is the refrigerated air dryer you see just below the open end of the box. Probably don't need it in the summer out here, but in the winter water literally runs out of the thing, water that used to be in the air. If there's enough, it'll clog the nozzle and you won't get much done. It's another CL find, an orphan from a cabinet maker put out of business by offshore competition. It didn't work, either, and needed some parts, easily found because it's an Ingersol Rand.

/ Good morning!!!! #63,364  
And one more thing. I found the recirc hoses, gloves, and large hose clamps at McMaster-Carr.

The baffles in the hopper were rusted out, so I used another CL orphan 3-in-1 roll/brake/shear to fab replacements and a GMA welder to install them.

Painted the whole mess with Rustoleum, but if I had it to do over again I'd have used automotive urethane enamel.

There's also a compressed air chuck in the box that I keep a duster on. I use it for dusting off parts and knocking media off the walls and blowing it down into the collection chute. There's an old pair of pliers that live in there, too, along with a metal mesh basket for small parts.

/ Good morning!!!! #63,365  
Duplicate

/ Good morning!!!! #63,366  
It's something of a mess after this latest round of use, but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Hey ... if it's functional and operates reliably what's not to like ?

Great idea on the rubber sheeting ... :thumbsup:

Just let me know if you need more shots or have questions, OK?
Will do.

Oh, one thing I didn't mention before is the refrigerated air dryer you see just below the open end of the box. Probably don't need it in the summer out here, but in the winter water literally runs out of the thing, water that used to be in the air. If there's enough, it'll clog the nozzle and you won't get much done.
Likely to be the reverse here ... humid in summer. But I'd be using it in an air conditioned shop so the humidity would likely be low(er) ... ;)

Also all the hard pipe in the shop is copper and has lots of drops to catch moisture ... plus I have a Motor Guard filter I could run the air supply through.

It's another CL find, an orphan from a cabinet maker put out of business by offshore competition. It didn't work, either, and needed some parts, easily found because it's an Ingersol Rand.
Good deal for you.

/ Good morning!!!!
#63,367  
Quiet day here, didn稚 get much done. Gonna give it heck tomorrow!

Have a good one!

/ Good morning!!!! #63,368  
And one more thing. I found the recirc hoses, gloves, and large hose clamps at McMaster-Carr.
Thanks. Yeah it looks like they are in line price-wise with the cheaper gloves from TP Tools. And everything I've ever gotten from McMaster has been decent quality.

The baffles in the hopper were rusted out, so I used another CL orphan 3-in-1 roll/brake/shear to fab replacements and a GMA welder to install them.
Which baffles ?

Inside the cabinet, for the dust collection system ?

Painted the whole mess with Rustoleum, but if I had it to do over again I'd have used automotive urethane enamel.
With as much as you're squirtin' I'm surprised you didn't ... :D

There's also a compressed air chuck in the box that I keep a duster on. I use it for dusting off parts and knocking media off the walls and blowing it down into the collection chute.
Yeah ... the green ones we had had a compressed air line with a blowgun on it in them as well. Good idea.

There's an old pair of pliers that live in there, too, along with a metal mesh basket for small parts.
Definitely will have to pick up a mesh basket ... :thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #63,369  
Good evening all. 50F for the start, clear, light wind. Wind not as bad today, low humidity, and temp back to 70F again. No rain till Saturday, temp rebounding to low 80's, humidity will go up Friday or Saturday. Finished sandbur control pass finish and mowing has commenced. Day did start with choir practice. No nap today :( .

/ Good morning!!!! #63,370  
David sorry to hear about your boxer. My condolences to your family.